1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out... I think 2!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Connor22, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Connor22

I wanted to post an update to this story on my previous post but it's sort of dead and if I post on it and then I couldn't thank everyone for all of the great help they gave on the last thread so without further ado:

THANKS GUYS (&&&)(!):thumbsup::eusa_danc

and now back to yesterday, so My friend texted me a while ago asking if when I came out to him, was I being serious, I said yes and he changed I think almost instantly, he went from being a total homophobe to a really supportive and great friend,I think you could call it a fairy tale ending, but It's not over yet I've only told 4 people but hey, now were closer friends than ever. Also he wanted me to give a shout out to the people of EC from him, so here it is then:

"I WANT A SHOUTOUT MOFUKA! LOL XD" (quote)

2. Sylver

You've got the magic touch - you can turn homophobes into supporters! I've got a business proposition for you. You supply whatever this stuff is you have that converts homophobes, and I'll bottle it and set up a distribution network. I think there's a big market for this!!

3. Zume

LOL :lol:

But anyhow..very happy for you, connor..grats ^_^

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We could definitely use insight from straight people that were (formerly) homophobic, and your friend sounds like a good guy, so have you thought about asking him if he'd like to join the site and maybe contribute here and there? (Think about it first though... he'd be able to read what you post, which you might not always want.)

But the fact he's asking for a shoutout might indicate he's not necessarily uncomfortable with the idea of EC and what it does :slight_smile:

5. Sicsemper79

Congrats bud!!! I kinda thought he would change his tune from the way you described it. Guys like to give each other shit... thats just part of being guys. But we all want our friends to be there for us. Sounds like you have a good friend. Good for you!:smilewave:thumbsup:

6. Mister Gaga

CONGRATULATIONS :grin:
    I got many friends that went from homophobia to support, and I know what you feel =)
    Anyway, that's a really happy ending, and I wish you the best for your other coming-outs (if you're planning to de any) :grin:

7. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i just wanna im sorry connor, really sorry

8. Zach

I'm so happy to hear he took it well :thumbsup: (&&&)

9. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

That's awesome! From what I understand, Northern Ireland would be a really hard place to come out in so kudos definitly for you.