1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow process....but good!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sunflowerdncr, Jan 17, 2010.

1. sunflowerdncr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out to my family and close friends after ATL pride this past October. My mom asked me and I just decided to tell her. It was one of the scariest things I have ever done in my life. But her reaction was more than I ever expected and she was very suppotive. my younger sister even said she suspected it...lol! Well she was definatly ahead of me...

Since I am out I am trying to meet others in the community. I found a LGBTQ center that I started going to last week. They have support type groups as well as just random activities they do together. I felt so relieved to be there....I could voice feelings where everyone else agreed with me, haha! One of the questions to get poeple talking was which celebrity do you wish would come out or who you wish was gay. I said the singer pink and everyone was nodding! It was sooo funny,lol!

I guess my question is how old were you and how far "out" were you when you had your first relationship?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far! Glad that your coming out to your mum went so well. That's awesome! Great that you have joined a LGBT centre and seem to be having fun!

Well, I am out but I haven't been a relationship yet. I guess it has also something to with the fact that I have been out only for the last one and a half years (a bit more than that now). It sounds like that you are ready to give it a try. Being a member of the LGBT centre is a good step in finding someone.

3. Jim1454

Hi! I missed this at the beginning of the week - sorry!

I'm really glad that you've come out and that your mom was so supportive!

Welcome to EC. I hope you enjoy this forum and find it helpful. Going to an LGBT support group is the best thing you could do! Good for you!

4. Eleanor Rigby

Hi and welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    Congratulations for coming out to your family. That's awesome that your mother is supportive.
    I hope going to the LGBT support group is going to help you feel even more comfrotable with yourself.
    Take care and see you around :slight_smile:

5. Jogilvie1103

Hi, well gratz babe on coming out! ... its great isn't it!! I havent come out fully yet, but LOVE being gay ... i not had a proper relationship but im in love ... hope he loves me back xxx

catchya round sumtime,

love ya Jack xxxx

6. RaeofLite

Nice post. And welcome to EC. :grin:

Also... Pink is bisexual. She's stated that somewhere before.