1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I out? does my mom know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Scenesk8rboi, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Scenesk8rboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok well my mom found...pictures on my comp one day, and then I spent a few weeks at my best friend's house, who is a total hottie, but anyways, she noticed before and after that I was working out alot more and obtained some lean muscle, and began dying my hair and styling it more. I also changed from skater into more of a scene group, getting tighter jeans and tighter shirts, even alot of pink shirts, then i eventually dyed my hair black and pink...and I'm wondering if she knows, I mean she asks when will I get a girlfriend all the time.

And then she always says "I will love you no matter what, so if you ever need to tell me something, please do" and my "best friend(with benefits) that i stayed with happened to flip out on his parents after coming out to them and he ran away, moving in with his friend. and my mom asked if i knew anything about why he would run away, I said no and she just said "are you sure its not the way you guys are?" and I was like "the way we are? scene?" and she just kind of smiled and hasnt brought up anything since then....

poor me, I'm but a simple 15, almost 16 year old highschool student who has a nice swimmers body, absolutely no tan, and sexy clothing.....IM SO ALONE

What do I do? everytime i wanna tell her because i think she knows, I just cant.

2. DarkShadow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mum knows i'm bi, Mums and dads understand if your gay/bi whatever, Just try summon up the courage to tell her :slight_smile: Hopefuly it'll work out :thumbsup: , if it doesnt then your mum doesn't understand you

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um Dark, not all parents understand, or at least some do some don't. It sounds like yours would Sk8er boi. so I wish you luck. Tell us how it goes. The sooner you tell the better because otherwise you'll never feel free. Me I trie coming out and then had to squeeze back in the closet and I feel so confined. It's just not a good hting.

4. Torture

Torture Guest

To me it sounds like she knows, and is hinting about it. But you never know.

5. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, sounds to me that she probably knows. If you're ready to tell her, tell her, but if not, I'm sure she'll understand you waiting until you're ready.

6. paul7836

My mom knew something was up with me, but i dont think she expected that. I guess do what your heart tells you. Even if she doesn't know. You are going to need to tell her sometime. She seems pretty open minded. so do what your heart tells you. You know your mom better than anyone else here.

7. LorenzG1950

From your description, she knows. You might as well be honest with her because she sounds like a person who will give you the support you need. You'll also feel a lot better.:slight_smile:

8. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your mum sounds like not only does she know, but she seems cool about it.
    I think you should go for it and tell her. ^_^

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think that sentence, more than anything else you said, suggests that she knows and is trying to encourage you to say something. I'm sure it will be fine. Try to choose somewhen when you have some time together without being disturbed.

You could start by saying something like "You remember you said that you would love me no matter what?..... I have been wanting to tell you something for some time, but it's very difficult.....".

10. I think that this seems to be the best advice. After all, the only way to find out if your mom knows is to tell her.

Judging by what she's said, at least in my opinion, she's aware that something's up. She seems like she'd be cool with it, though.

#10 MonsieurGodiva, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007