1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg I Did It!! I Came Out To My Mom!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jamieftm, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jamieftm

I said I'd Post A Thread When I Did It So Here I Am To Tell My Coming Out Story. I Literally Did It Like 5-10 Minutes Ago. I Previously Told My Mom Over Facebook I Had Something Important About Myself To Tell Her. So Now That She's Back From Australia She Asked Me What I Had To Say. I Went To The Washroom, Took A Big Breath And Sat Down On The Couch Beside Her.
    "Mom, I Don't Really Like Guys, I Never Really Have, I Like Girls..". I Said.
    "It Okay, It's Who You Are."
    "Yeah I Mean I Was Pretty Much Born Like This."
    Then We Went On Talking About Who Knew And School, It Went Pretty Well And I Feel Much More Free. :slight_smile: Thanks To All My Friends And EC For Supporting Me And Giving Me Courage To Tell Her.... Now There's My Dad... He's A Complete Ass. I Plan To Shout It In His Face The Next Time He Flips About Gays.
    Anyway, Don't Really Worry About My Dad. Concentrate On My Mom, She's Worth It And Is A Great Person. I Couldn't Ask For A Better Mom Than Her :slight_smile:

2. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

That's awesome!! Now you have support for when you tell your dad. There is a chance that your dad may change completely when he finds out your gay. Have you ever asked your dad why he flips out about gays?

3. Jamieftm

Yeah. He Says All The Crap 'Cause He Doesn't Like The Neighbours, Who Are Gay. It Pisses Me Off That My Own Father Is A Homophobe. '-.- But Whatever, My Mom Says She's Done With Him Anyway. So Once Thats Over, Life May Just Get Better :slight_smile:

4. EM68

Congrats on coming out to your mom!

5. pteen

Congradulations, you completed the first step.

6. Jim1454

Congratulations. I'm glad she was so understanding.

As for your dad, it really doesn't do you, your dad, or the general gay population any good for you to 'flip out' on him. It really is better for everyone to stay calm and simply tell him that his views are hurtful to you - his own daughter - and that if he wanted to talk about them you'd be happy to try to enlighten him.

Otherwise, leave it alone.

7. Sylver

You sound like you have the coolest mom in the world! Congrats! Maybe when the time is right she can help advise you on how to come out to your dad - she probably knows a few "inside secrets" that might help!

8. Jamieftm

Pteen - Thanks... and what would the next step be? ive told many ppl already and idk if there is even another step for me lol.

Jim- if you knew my dad you'd yell at him too. Noone likes him and he's a complete ass.

James- Yeah she is pretty cool. I didn't think so before, cause she nagd alot but she's a great mom. :slight_smile:

9. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    that's so great! congratulations! :slight_smile:

10. Otsuke

YAYAYAY!!!! I'm so freakin' happy for you :grin: ... Wow :grin: <3<3 Congrats!

11. Jamieftm

Yeah thanks guys. I can't beleive I did it. And aparently my aunt already knew so that leaves my dad but everyone says not to tell him cause he's a homophobic druggy that tells nothing but lies.

12. Holmes

Congratulations! It was a great relief to finally tell my parents, so that occasionally my mother might mention it at times it would make sense.

Don't feel that you have to tell your father straight away, that you're not properly out till he knows. You'll have to tell him sometime, of course, but no point bringing a hard time on you at this point, as you have at least one parent to talk to.

(BTW, do you have some setting that capitalizes every word, because it does make things a little difficult to read)

13. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your mom :slight_smile:

14. Jamieftm

Oh you want me to type like THIS INSTEAD , SORRY ABOUT THAT LOL BUT WHEN I TYPE IN CAPS I READ IT AS YELLING :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your mum! That's awesome that you could come out to her! :slight_smile:

Take your time with coming out to your dad. Given that your dad is homophobic, maybe ask your mum for help when you decide to come out to your dad.

16. Jamieftm

phhht. My mom said not to come out to my dad...

oh and she came up with some "rules":

1. No girlfriends sleeping over
    2. No making out in the halls or at work
    3. No friends at work (im currently jobless tho)
    and she ALSO assumed that my BESTIE Tiffany was my gf when CLEARLY she isnt..
    ughh makes me so angry but i just have to stay calm cuz shes already stressed enough cuz my dad..

17. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I'm really happy for you!
    But why do you capitalize the first letter of every word?

18. Jamieftm

Lol I Do It Cause Im Cool And Its A Habbit. Ive Done It For A Long Time Now Lol

19. Sylver

#1 - I would listen to what your mother is saying about coming out to your dad. Between what you've said and what she's said, it sounds like wise advice. There's no rush, anyway - enjoy this new status for a while and let it sink in before tackling the tough one.

#2 - I don't think her "rules" are all that bad - they sound doable. You can play within them and still have lots of 'fun' (if you get my drift...). Besides they'll probably change and evolve in time as your mom comes to trust how you're going to behave as a new lesbian kid! And it probably would be no different from the rules she'd set if you were a straight girl either - parents are kind of notorious for making rules that annoy teens, but they usually mean well!

20. Holmes

On your capitalization, it looks a bit strange, but whatever.

As to rules, the first is one that probably applies to most 14-year-olds, about not allowing significant others to sleep. On the second, well everyone should be discreet. On the third, you should probably feel free to flaunt that one, but be sensible about who you tell.