1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very unexpected

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by egnvectr, Feb 3, 2010.

1. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

A few months ago I was at this party. There was this guy there who I sort of know. For some reason, he was really drunk. I was talking to him for a while, and all of a sudden he gave me a hug; I didn't think anything of it because I could tell he was drunk.
    Later on, I happened to be standing next to him, and he started brushing his fingers on my hand... I was really surprised. I guess since I didn't object or move away too quickly, he figured out i was queer. (Later he said he had had no idea before).

After that I did move away to another part of the party because I didn't want people to see... but every time I moved to a new spot, after like 5-10 minutes he would follow me there and keep trying to hold my hand... Eventually, I just let him hold my hand because it kind of felt nice. By that time there were only around 2-3 of my friends there, and they definitely saw. The only thing is though, they are really polite, so they've never really mentioned the issue, especially not in front of anyone else... so it kind of still feels like no one knows i'm not straight, though i wish more people did because its annoying when everyone just assumes you are.

2. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then tell them.

If they're kind and accepting, as they seem to be, they won't mind. They seem to be okay with it otherwise they'd have said something already. Also, drunkards won't make the best first impression when you tell them you're gay; you can do better! :thumbsup:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If your friends saw that you guys were trying to hold hands (which is cute :slight_smile:) maybe just confirm it now. It sounds like that you are ready now to let them know and confirm what they might be thinking or feeling at this point. It sounds like that they are accepting and supportive and that you can trust them. You have all the elements that make for a perfect coming out! :slight_smile:

Maybe stand in front of a mirror and say out loud to yourself "I want to come out to my friends who were at the party" and see how you feel. If you feel good and it feels right, give it a go!

4. pteen

I agree if they really are your friends + u know they saw u and him holding hands then you might as well tell them. It always feels better when people know you could trust them. It's that feeling of "I'm a good person" (that normally lasts a day in some accasions).

But anyway congradulations on:
    - Comming out
    - Creating a cute scene
    - Picking good/accepting friends
    (!)(!)(!)