1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by prester, Feb 3, 2010.

1. prester

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Old story but I am coming out again so I am reminded.

I came out to my best male friend at age 23ish (I knew him since age 10). Met him in a pub in London. My friends are a bit spread out -partly because we all spread out after school/colege and partly because I am shy - read, don't let people get close they might work it out.

Once I, and he, had had a drink, I said "this does not affect you directly but I am gay". He said all the right things (well done him) and we proceeded to have another drink. And then he said "so you don't like Baywatch" and I said "I do like Baywatch, I am just looking at different people" (David Charvet and Billy Warlock if you must know. lol).

Next time I saw him he pointed out very pretty girl to me. Well I presume she was very pretty because my response was "what pretty girl - oh the one next to that incredible boy" at which point he started to get the idea!

So all in all it went very well.

Prester

2. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! (*hug*)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great coming out story! Glad that your friend was so accepting! Congrats! :slight_smile: