1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay bar

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by limfjord96, Feb 5, 2010.

1. limfjord96

not sure if this is the right place, but I went out to the Gay Section of town, lol what ever the hell that is, on friday and it was sooo terrifying at first, but once i got there and realized i was afraid for no reason it was ok. I finally got a glimpse of all the gay fish in the gay sea, and i was pretty happy. Internet dating has its perks i guess, but i truly noticed there are a ton of gorgeous dude in real life lol. So that was a big step, and cant wait to go back. I came out to a lesbian coworker (finally) and she is so cool about easing me in, and helping me meet new people, again finally right? But she did have the nerve to introduce me to the hottest guy ever and then his boyfriend (wtf right?) to where I realized my true gay competitive edge coming out where i instantly sized up the competition, lol. Anyway, I am trying to get back on here more, ive been busy and havent had time, but I realized i need to pay it forward a bit as EC literally saved my life. Oh, and I got all sorts of attention for being the "new cute guy" at one of the local hangouts lol, kind of annoying but a total confidence booster. Maybe next time ill meet the guy of my dreams.

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, welcome back!

Congrats on finding the courage to come out to your coworker! Even if she is lesbian hesrelf, it does take some effort to come out to unsuspecting people at work. Hopefully she'll manage to introduce you to single guys too :wink:

And also congrats on going out to the gay side of town. Nothing beats meeting real people! Just do remember to be careful. A lot of people out there are just looking for a quick hookup, so that might not be what you want. On the other hand, you might meet some new friends there as well...

3. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah Dude, good hunting. The heart of the gay district is around the corner of 5th and University near the Hillcrest Sign. But there are lots of bars and clubs all over many with a distinct clientele. I hope you have a really nice time.

4. paco

paco Guest

visited my neck of the woods eh? i just moved to the gay district in january :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

pretty awesome right? in most places people drive around blasting bad rap after leaving clubs/bars. in Hillcrest they only blast Lady Gaga.

5. Chandra

I wish my town had a gay side. :frowning2:

But if it did, I'm sure I would be terrified to go there too. Ha

6. EM68

Congrats Dan on getting out to into the gay scene. Have fun but be careful. Also congrats on coming out to your coworker. Even though she is a lesbian it can be hard to do. I know what it was like. At my job I came out to a gay guy and I was terrified. In the end he was very supportive.

7. Johnnieguy

That is great to hear. Mpls doesn't have a gay district-every part of the city has its own gay bars. But now that I have started going, I think I am addicted!

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should visit Vancouver and check out the West End and Commercial Drive!

9. Jim1454

Hey! It's great to see you here again! And it's great to hear that you're getting out and getting comfortable in your own skin.

My bf and I really enjoy getting to 'the village' once in a while. It's a blast! Congrats!

10. Chandra

Yeah, I was in Vancouver a couple of months back, and I walked up and down Davie Street a few times. I even worked up the nerve to duck into Little Sisters and buy a book, blushing the whole time. I'm so shy. :icon_redf

11. RaeofLite

Haha. I know, right? But once you start to "come out" more, it's awesome. I went to Vancouver's Commercial Drive (for bi and lesbians) and Davie (generally guys) and they were both wicked. The Okanagan does need a "street" though rather than a few events here and there. (!)

12. Chandra

Seriously. I don't even know where any of these "events" take place. I know Kelowna has some pride events in the summer, and apparently there are some dances where I live, but... showing up solo at a dance where I don't know anyone... eesh. Not going to happen. I generally don't even enjoy myself much at that type of thing when I do know people.

I need a gay café! A nice little gay café on a gay street staffed by cheerful gay baristas, where I can sit quietly and read gay books all day. Yep.

(Sorry, OP, I kind of thread-jacked your thread. Congrats on getting out there and enjoying yourself despite your nervousness. Sounds like you had a pretty good time. :slight_smile:)

#12 Chandra, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  13. Alex19

long time no see! and kudos on being hit on.

o and i loled about the hot guy and boyfriend part. LOL!!!