1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Year Ago, Came out to my Parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EM68, Feb 21, 2010.

1. EM68

Today is the one year anniversary that I came out to my parents. This is the thread with my coming out story.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21057

Tonight I was telling my bf and I had a tear in my eye because I was so happy with the way things have happened. I just called my mom and told her it was a year and I thanked her for their support. She told me that it is what I deserve.

I want to thank everyone here at EC for your support.

Love you guys!(&&&)(&&&):kiss::kiss:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad things are going better for you and you got that huge pressure off your shoulders! It's such a relief telling parents (who are, in my opinion, the hardest to tell). Good job coming out and I think we can all tell you're much happier! :thumbsup:

3. KneeDragger

Congrats on the one year anniversary!

4. Sylver

Wow, I wasn't around EC when you made your original post so it's the first time I've read it. It is very powerful and moving. I can certainly relate to how you would have felt at the time, especially making the move to cross that bridge once and for all with them.

I'm so glad it went so well, and it seems like it's evolved into a wonderful relationship with the real you. Thanks for sharing this with the newer members!

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations Ed (*hug*) (*hug*) I totaly remember your coming out to your parents. I am happy that everything is going great and that they have been supportive all the past year.
    Take care (*hug*) (*hug*)