1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lenten Retreat

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by padre411, Feb 27, 2010.

1. padre411

So I attended a Lenten retreat at my parish today on mysticism and mystics. One of the activities we had to do was pick from a bunch of picture cards the image that most closely reflected where we are in our life. So here's the card I picked:

[​IMG]

Okay, so it's a locker and not a closet but the message was pretty clear. God has been nagging me for 30 years to come out. Obviously, I said no for quite a while but it seems God still has a sense of humor. When I had to explain to my small group what the card meant to me, I simply talked about opening up to changes in my life. :eusa_liar

If you're curious about the rest of the Soularium images, here's the link:

http://www.mysoularium.com

Peace,

Mike

2. Zume

Sorry for laughing but that's awesome and very ironic :lol: It's true the door is open and you're getting there so it's very fitting :thumbsup:

3. EM68

Did you have to explain why you picked the card?

4. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

That's fucking awesome and hi-larious! LOL!

5. padre411

Yes, I had to explain to my small group why I picked the card. I spoke in generalities about being "open" to new changes. I'm not ready to come out to my congretation yet.

Peace,

6. Sylver

In the game of golf this would be equivalent to putting the ball on the tee just before you hit it. Some in the group might actually get it, some might think for a moment, but for most it will be a setup for when you finally let them in on the real you. They'll probably look back and then say "Aahhhh!" when they put two and two together. Nice job!