1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellini Moment

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by padre411, Mar 5, 2010.

1. padre411

First, if you want to know more about a Fellini moment, look here.

Second, I came out to my wife at the beginning of February. It's going pretty well and we're talking a lot. We won't be separating until August, 2011. But we're starting to have conversations I would never have imagined a few weeks ago. Take this one, for example:

Setting: Bedtime, in bed. Wife has trouble getting to sleep and decides to turn on the television. She selects Starz on DTV 520 on which "Spartacus: Sand & Blood" is starting. Opening image is a bloody, dying gladiator:

Me: "This is interesting." No response. TV scene changes to an arena of buff, leather-clad smooth men showing lots of skin.

Me: "Oh . . . now I see why you picked this."

Wife: "I figured you'd like the beefcake just as much as I do." :grin:

Me: "Not hairy enough." :newcolor:

Wife: "What?"

Me: "The gladiators don't have enough body hair for me."

Wife: "Oh. So you like them furry?"

Me: "Yes."

Wife: "Robin Williams is pretty furry."

Me: "I've been attracted to him from time to time. He's starting to look a bit old now."

Wife: "Did James have body hair?" (James was a friend I brought in to be our parish organist. He was openly gay with pretty advanced HIV. He lived in our guest house while he was here. A nasty witch of a homophobe in the church accused me of having an affair with him.)

Me: "No."

Wife: "How do you know?"

Me: "Because he was always hanging around the pool in his underwear."

Wife: "Oh."

Me: "Jeremy doesn't have any body hair either." (Jeremy is the current musical director at the church. He is 27 and we have shared a hotel room during a few conferences. I am not attracted to him but he is likely to be a bit weirded out when I come out. :eusa_shif )

Wife: "Oh."

Scene on TV switches to nude, heterosexual orgy. :eusa_sick I go back to my book. :sleep: My wife rolls over to go to sleep. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

2. No One

HeHe, that is quite funny Father. I imagine it was a bit awkward at the end though.

3. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just imagine the conversation if it had been Satyricon that was showing. Not the part where the two friends are fighting over Giton, not the part when Encolpius is forced to marry the crusty old admiral in his bridal gown.

No the part where Encolpius has to fight the minotaur costumed hairy hunk. That bear gives one big bearhug.

Sigh. But you were spared all that with the wife. Thank god for small miracles?

4. padre411

Actually, it wasn't, which is the grace of this whole situation.

Peace,

5. padre411

I don't know what Styricon is. Have I been missing out on something? :icon_wink

(Oh, I found it. Nevermind. For the curious, here's a scene: Satyricon

#5 padre411, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010