1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Apple Pie, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Apple Pie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yesterday I was looking at my email to see if I had recieved anything college related, and my mom insisted in seeing my inbox herself. However I had an email from empty closets. After a while of not letting her see anything I took her to the other room and told her that I am gay. She doesn't seem to believe that I am gay (she thinks that I might just want to be friends with guys), but she says that she still loves me. Overall better than what I expected.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your mum! :slight_smile:

It sounds like that your mum needs a bit of time adjusting to it. If you can, try to answer any questions that she might have in the coming days or weeks, which will help her to adjust and understand it better. There are also a couple of online resources, such as the PFLAG website which has a pamphlet, entitled Our Daughters and Sons: Questions and Answers for Parents of Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual People, for parents. You will find a link to the PDF file a bit further down the page. Also there is a really good book for parents, Now that You Know which you can buy at most bookstores or order online. It might help with the adjusting and understanding it better as well.

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yehhhhhhhhs... you just want to be naked, sexy friends with guys. :lol:

I went through a lot of high school like that: "Oh I just want to be friends with him... and him... and him."

Denial is a funny thing.

Congrats though... that's a lot better than her freaking out, for sure.

4. padre411

I'd sure be out to my congregation of anyone checked my inbox/outbox on my laptop. I hope my password holds up.:icon_wink

Congratulations.

5. Techcompu2

I LOVE this. lol. this is perfect. :grin:

^This is me.

6. Sylver

I want to eat your signature... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Congrats on coming out to your mom! Give her a little time to get used to the idea of you being gay - remember that you've got a few years on her on this one! Did you direct her to some of the online resources (or books) from PFLAG? They really do help others come to a better understanding of what you're going through and what this means to them.

7. Connor22

awesome lad that seems a bit random to come out to your mum before she looks at your inbox but still as good a reason as any well done! :slight_smile: