1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 more :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nickmc, Mar 14, 2010.

1. nickmc

Well, it's been AGES since I came out to anyone but recently I've started seeing someone (who I met through a dating site- another huge step for me).

It's kinda prompted me to want to tell people so I'm hoping to be able to tell my nana tomorrow and my brother is also on my to-do list.

But anyway, one of the guys I know through university sent me a text on Friday saying that he'd heard something "not very Christian" about me (I'm Anglican) and was wondering if it was true. Now, I've wondered for a while whether I would have the guts to admit that I'm gay to someone should a situation like this arise and so I was stoked when I had no problem confirming it to him :slight_smile: He's been really great since asking questions etc.

Then, Saturday night I went to a 21st and after an acquaintance of mine (ex-colleague) asked if I was seeing someone, I told her all about my boyfriend, knowing full well that she'll probably pass it on and it may even get back to someone in my church.

So I'm really happy coz I'm finally ok with telling people- never thought I'd get to that stage :icon_bigg

2. Prccgeek

yay! That is so wonderful! It is great that you are feeling really comfortable with it! You must be feeling great! And it sounds like they are all taking it well. Congrats!

3. RaeofLite

That's great to hear. :grin: Isn't it a nice feeling without worrying or caring what people will think because you're so confident in yourself? :slight_smile:

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! Im glad its gone well, and I hope others take it well!!

5. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    congratulations - so good to hear that you're happy and starting to feel comfortable being yourself!

6. nickmc

It's a great feeling (!)

Well, turns out I didn't come out to my nana today like I'd hoped/planned for. It was just too awkward. It'll have to be soon though- found out today that a couple of people I haven't told, know I'm gay so it's becoming more and more common knowledge...

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Congratulations on your coming out. That's great that you are feeling comfortable and are bale to talk about having a boyfriend and including it in a conversation. :slight_smile:

No worries, about not coming out to your nana today. (*hug*)
    Often times, just trying it and wanting to do it, brings us a step closer. Give it a couple of days and maybe when an opportunity presents itself grab it. Good luck!

8. nickmc

Well first of all, thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread (*hug*)

Now, an update. I went and came out to my Nana today. She took it really well. She just needs a little bit of time to process it all but she seemed pretty keen to learn the lingo and how the LGBT culture is :icon_bigg

So, since that went so well, I decided that I'd tell my brother as soon as I got home. Figured that since he's the last person I felt I needed to personally tell, I might as well do it now :lol: I was really concerned that it was going to be awkward when I told him (not in general, but during that conversation) but it totally wasn't. He just gave me a :thumbsup: and said that he was happy for me.

So I'm stoked right now. Definitely on cloud 9 (!)