1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Now Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Video Games

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gaetan, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaetan

So I'm out to my immediate family, my online friends, and a few random friends. Yet, my largest group of friends, my University friends, have been left in the dark so far. We no longer live near each other as most of us have either graduated or moved on, but we still hang out and play video games over Skype most every day. For weeks, especially after I came out to my parents, I've wanted to tell them. Two of the ten knew already from other random conversations that it came up in, but the rest still didn't know.

It's nearly eaten me up as we're playing games and I'm trying to find a good way to inject the words "I'm gay" into the conversation somehow. But, as it would happen, that rarely ever happens during video games. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

However, tonight was different. The conversations started early, and we were waiting on one last person to finish some household stuff before we all hopped onto a game. Random conversations bouncing around, until finally someone mentioned an old female friend of mine (this friend, by pure serendipity, is her cousin.) And, how I was apparently trying to get with her and her large boobs.:rolleyes: And, yes, she did already know I was gay--so it was more an issue with her cousin and his short temper.

So this new, that there was some large busted girl that about two the group knew, and stories of how I had broken her heart started flying around. (None of which are true! lol)

Finally, against the din of their constant rabble over MY supposed love life, I gasped for quiet so I could explain it.

"The reason I will never get with her is simple...I'm gay."

Half second of stunned silence, followed by (what I think I heard) "Really?!" "What?!" "Interesting."

So many of them were the exact phrased reaction I expected from them. :lol: All in all, it was quite spectacular. The conversation immediately turned to jokes about whether or not I'd look good in drag and similar things. Another friend of mine thanked me for not coming out in an awkward manner like another of our friends did--when they were alone in a hot tub.

All in all, it then took less than a minute for us to stop just talking and start gaming. As the title said, "and now back to your regularly scheduled video games." I wouldn't have it any other way, actually. :thumbsup:

My original contingency plan was to come out to them during a game of StarCraft as I rained nukes on everyone. "By the way guys, I'm gay." N-n-n-n-nuclear launch detected!

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bitterly disappointed that the nuclear Starcraft coming-out failed to manifest. Bitterly disappointed, I say! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously, awesome! And congratulations! It's always rather amazing when mass outings happen and end up going so well. :thumbsup:

3. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

congratulations. Your mates sound legendary.

4. Sylver

Yay for you!!! You've got some great friends! :thumbsup: The only thing that would have made this story even better is if you had come out to them in a hot tub! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. padre411

Congratulations! A new use for Skype.

peace,

6. RaeofLite

:lol:
    And God smites them all... I love Starcraft. :slight_smile:

That's awesome to hear that things are going well for you for the most part. Congrats. :thumbsup:

7. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I came out to my brother while I was playing video games. xD

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    glad things went well, though I agree alone in a hot tub with someone might be an odd place to come out. Or maybe the best place?! hmmm...

9. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something like that for me. I was playing surf on CS:S and it was getting to a part where you could go into the arena or the extension part. Nobody had cleared the extension part for the time we were playing on this map, and there were some pretty good pros on there. I went straight in and got through it by the skin of my teeth. After clearing I was met with praise from the rest of the server and some girl jokingly "Marry me" and I just said "No thanks I'm gay". The general response was either "I knew it" or "Cool", so I was happy.

Honestly reflecting it wasn't that hard. If you want to play the map it's called surf_legends_lite. There's just one part that's really annoying to get past but if you can build up enough speed you can get past it.

#9 MinusK, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.