1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bladieu, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Bladieu

Well hello, this is my first post on this forum. I'm so glad I found this place! As of now, I'm out to my sister, my best friend, and two of my other friends (kinda).

The first person I came out to was my sister, who is about 2 years older than me. It was on the first day of my sophomore year (this year), and she was completely supportive. Things were a little weird for a week or so, but after a while things were back to normal, although we don't talk about it much. The next person I've come out to (and the best experience so far) was my best friend in the entire world, who happens to be a guy and completely straight. Believe it or not, I did it on early Christmas morning :lol:, but I didn't plan it that way. We had been up texting all night (we do this often, even on Christmas Eve :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and somehow we got onto the subject of what kind of girls we find attractive (although it was kinda one-sided...). He asked me what kind of girls I liked, and I replied with "I'm not sure." He knew something was up, and he said something along the lines of "Do u like girls at all? Cuz if u don't, that's fine". I was so surprised! But I replied with "You know me so well". He called me, and from there it all spilled out. He didn't care at all! In fact, he had expected it. He said he thought of me no differently. As I said before, this has been the most successful coming out so far. I talk about guys with him, my crushes, my hopes of getting a boyfriend, pretty much everything. He replies just as if I was talking about a girl. It's really great, and I'm so lucky to have him!

The next one was kinda random. A couple of months ago, one of my friends (a girl) had been noticing how nervous I acted around one of the cute boys in our class. So she pulled me aside, and out of the blue asked "Are you gay?". I was just like "Umm...yes..." and she said she would support me no matter what. The abnormal part is that she started acting a little weird around me (although it has since gone back to normal), and she hasn't brought it up since. It kinda confuses me...but we'll how it turns out. The last friend I came out to happened just a couple of hours ago. We were texting, and I decided to tell her on an impulse. So I was just like "*Insert best friend* and *insert other friend* already know, so I figure I might as well tell you too! I'm gay." She jokingly said that I should go out with one of the effeminate guys at school, and promptly changed the subject. I'm not sure if she is just that cool about it, but I think she thought I was joking...I'm planning on mentioning it again tomorrow, so I guess I'll just have to wait till then to find out!

So that's pretty much my whole coming out story. I wanna tell even more of my friends, but I figure there's no need to rush it. In the mean time, I'm just happy that I have at least one friend to talk to about this whole sexuality thing :icon_bigg

2. RaeofLite

Nice. Good for you. :slight_smile: Just be patient and take things as they come. Tell your closets friends, and if you're not comfortable with everyone knowing, let them know that it's just between you because you're not ready for anyone else to know yet. But other than that... congrats.

3. Eleanor Rigby

Hi there and welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    Thanks for sharing your coming out journey with us and congratulations for coming out to your sister and your friends. That's great that your sister is supportive and I'm sure you're friend are going to be supportive as well. Your coming out may have been a bit surprising for them. Just give them time and I'm sure they'll manage to came to terms with it soon and get rid of any akwardness that may happen in your relationship with them.
    Take care

4. Bladieu

Thanks for all the encouraging words :slight_smile:

I talked about it again with the third friend today, and she seems pretty unaccepting about it..After I brought it up, she avoided contact with me, and I caught her giving me several dirty looks. Now she won't answer my calls or reply to any of my texts. I'm kind of scared, because she's known for being somewhat of a "blabber-mouth". I really regret telling her now. What if she announces it to the whole school, and somehow my parents find out? I'm definitely not ready for that yet. I'm really scared right now...

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats on having an awesome friend like that and on being able to tell your sis :slight_smile:

As for your other friend it all depends. If you aren't ready to come out to other people then get ready to become a very good liar. Get your good friends on it and act insulted. If someone brings it up then just tell them that the b!tch is just mad because you wouldn't go out with her or something. Your friends can help you out on telling people that story.

If you are ready to come out then use this opportunity and maintina your head up :slight_smile:
    good luck :slight_smile: