1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making an Unspecified Date...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ProfessorLepus, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Been a while since I've even logged in here, I hope you all are doing okay.

I'm still not out. I gave up on the "Purple Machine" thing. Maybe I'll get back to it just as a coding project, I do have some better development resources now.

So, my mother is an accountant, and in the U.S., an accountant's busy season starts after Christmas and ends in April when taxes are due. This has most accountants getting a full night's sleep again in May. Until then, they talk about all the things they're going to do after busy season. While we were joking around about some trashy TV that we watch regularly, my mom decided that she is going to make chicken tetrazzini after busy season (The Soup, anyone?).

ECers, I have decided to come out to my parents on Chicken Tetrazzini Night, after dinner. The conditions will be optimal; we'll all be in a good mood and have had a glass of wine or two.

Thoughts?

2. Ashleigh Ann

I think that it's a good idea. You seem to have put thought into it and think that you will feel comfortable doing it. When I was trying to come out to my mom though, I always planned ahead and got her and I into a conversation where it could happen and then I froze. I hope everything goes well for you.

P.S. I really, really liked the Purple Machine idea. :slight_smile:

3. nickmc

Sounds like a good plan to me :slight_smile:
    Just make sure it's not TOO many wines otherwise emotions could get quite extreme...

Good luck!

4. Thanks. I think I will get back to Purple Machine over the summer, and release it as a coming out tool for others. Maybe EC would be interested in hosting the server-side component of it.

Nah, one or two glasses means one or two glasses in this house. We're all too snobbish when it comes to wine to get wasted off it.

5. Update

Apparently Chicken Tetrazzini Night is tomorrow, on Wednesday, and it'll just be me and my mom, my dad has an engagement that'll have him away for most of the evening. The conditions are not quite what I wanted and expected them to be, but I'll work with them. I did make a commitment.

I'm nervous as hell, but I'm going to go through with it. When chicken tetrazzini is served and shortly thereafter devoured, I will come out of the closet.

Thanks for your support.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats on finally getting the courage to do this and on sticking to your plan.
    Hope it all goes well tomorrow :slight_smile:

7. Halpert

Sounds like you got it figured out. Good luck! I look forward to hearing how it went. :icon_bigg

8. Sylver

Good luck! I admire you for developing a plan and sticking with it. I hope it goes well for you!!

9. Ah, bloody hell.

No chicken tetrazzini tonight. I guess I could just come out now and forget the chicken tetrazzini, but I don't think I will. I think I'll foster the coward inside of me postpone until somebody finally serves this San Francisco pasta dish.

When something actually happens in this direction, I'll create a new thread. Sorry for the false alarm.