1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zulamage, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Zulamage

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So there is this girl I hang out with a lot at school. So I decided she would be the first person I should tell at my school. So I planned on telling her 2 days ago. Things got in my way and I was unable to. So today I made it a point to. Got her and asked her if we could have lunch and she said yes. Here is a snippet of our conversation.

Me: What does a guy need to look good?
    Her: Well I like emo guys.
    I dont really. It's a little odd?
    Yea I get what you mean.
    What hair do they need to have?
    It doesn't really matter.
    I do not like ginger hair.
    Some girls look good with ginger hair.
    I'm not talking about girls.
    Oh, yea I agree.
    OMG there is this guy who is like stalking me.
    really? Thats scary.
    Yea I know right, and I talked to him before and he only like straight white christians.
    Well then he wouldn't like me.
    No your the perfect person.
    Yea, I'm a white christian...
    Yea your a white christian....*I give her a look like go on...* OH! I GET IT!! HAHA yea...yea

So I don't know if she really gets it or not cause she took it too casually and didn't go any further with that part of the conversation. So I'm thinking I'll talk to her tomorrow and be like "hey just to clarify what I said yesterday..."

What do all of you think?

2. ColdSnap

good for you for having the courage to do that. Be mindful though that she probably didn't know you were gay and so sometimes you have to be a bit more obvious but a great first step :slight_smile:

3. Sylver

I'd say to make sure that you follow through on the conversation. Geez, if it were me it would drive me nuts to be in limbo as to whether or not she truly "got it". You went at least half the way there, now go finish the job! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: