1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out at School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ashleigh Ann, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Ashleigh Ann

So apparently I am now out at school. I'm not sure how it happened because I chose the people I told carefully. But the whole school knows. And I've been called a dyke on two occasions by people I didn't even recognize. So since there's not much I can do, I'm just going to be 'whatever' about it. Granted, that probably won't actually happen and I'll end up freaking out in a couple of days but... For the moment I'm fine, even though it wasn't anything like what would've happened if I had had my way.

2. Sylver

Simple advice. When you're around people who are happy that you're out, enjoy it!! When you're around people that aren't or who call you names, ignore them. In a few weeks they'll be on to their next project of mass destruction and they will have forgotten about you... Freaking out isn't worth the wasted energy. Take all your vibes from good friends and your supporters and be happy about it! :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

Be thankful that it's overwith and just move on. Ignore the nasty remarks, becuase they don't deserve your attention. Good luck!

4. Ornicus Orca

same thing happened to me, Just move on i guess, grow a thick skin to the nasty remarks, it says more about them than it does about you...

5. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I get the same shit the whole time, but after a while it will die down a bit. Anyway, nothing you can do about small minded homophobes.
    Although I got something out of it! I don't say retard and spaz and shit like that anymore now I know what its like when people say somethings gay.