1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how to handle this one?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by travelinsoul21, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Okay, some of you know I've come out to a few people as well as myself. But I was gonna stop there for now, as that is all I was comfortable with. My cubicle neighbor at work (ughh I hate my job). Anyway he was being a jerk about things and was getting on my nerves. He starting saying things about gay things and was making me nervous. I said something, I don't remember what, and he said "You are gay, aren't you" And I got pissed and said "What if I am gay?" which shut his dumb ass up. But I think I just inadvertently outed myself at work, which I was not wanting to out myself. But the really unbelievable thing was this, he leaned over to the girl beside him, and he said "He just found out he's gay"

WHAT THE FUCK!

How can I handle this reasonably without outing myself to anyone?

I'm so fucking pissed.

2. Mister Gaga

It's quite awkward, indeed.

If you really don't want them to know you're gay, just say you aren't, I think there's no other solution, if ever someone come to you and ask you if you are gay, just say no, I don't see any other thing to do.

And you were angry, so use it as an excuse.

I'm just saying, hope things get better =)

3. I don't even mind if he knows at this point, I just don't want it being spread around. I'm just gonna drop it and if it goes away, it goes away, if it doesn't it doesn't, i guess

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Offices are gossipy. If he was accusing you of being gay, he probably had already figured it out, and had probably already told others of his suspicions (he sounds like an asshole) and likely as not he has probably told others.

I often say that coming out is like being naked in public; you're putting yourself out there for people to stare at, laugh at, or whatever. But ultimately, once you get past the feeling of being "naked", it's a very freeing feeling, so I wouldn't stress about it.

It's also very possible, if your cubicle neighbor has his panties all in a wad about your being gay that *he* is a closeted poofter too...

But I think the best plan is to just sit tight and let him do what he's going to do. Not much you can do about it anyway, and ultimately, i think you'll be happier once your "secret" is out.

5. Could be. But I'm not ready for that secret to be out yet. But oh well. Kinda out of my hands at this point