1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oct 11th is the Day i'm Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Grof142007, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Grof142007

Is The Day i will Truely Be out to everyone.

One It my Birthday.
    Two It National Coming out Day
    Im Turning 18

I choose this day because i hope for the best. I order a Coming Kit a week ago. I hope i can get then. Because i think it will help me a bit. But Regardless im Still coming out. I'm Pretty sure My parents wont handle it well. But Enough is enough. I hope that it being my Birthday will Lower The Shock and Anger,Dissapoint,etc

If you got any Advice or Comment Feel Free to let me know

2. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good luck dude!! I wish you the best! I hope for your sake your parents take it well.

I'm thinking about doing it on National Coming Out Day too, but I highly doubt I can muster up the courage :frowning2:

3. davo-man

Good Luck! I hope it all goes well and they take it well...

Interestingly Im coming out either the day after or the day after that. Im not completely sure, cos my birthday is on Oct 13 and i was gunna do it then (thats been the plan for over two years) but then i decided to have my party on my birthday, and im gunna be fully out at my party, and i kinda wanted to give my parents to have some time to digest it. Im sure theyll be fine with it, just that it might be hard to go from serious coming out mode to parrty mode in a few hours. So i reckon i might do it the day before my birthday....anyway

Sorry for getting off topic. Good luck!

4. chief

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good Luck man! I hope it all goes well and works out for you.

5. Torture

Torture Guest

Good luck dude.

6. wilson1513

hey just to say good luck and don't worry if their first reaction is bad as i have told many people before you have had years to deal with who you are they will only have a moment after you tell them so look at it like that and hopefully they will be cool anyway and you won't have to worry but don't worry and takecare x

7. Time

Good luck! :slight_smile:

8. Grof142007

When the Time Comes i'm thinking of approaching the situation serveral ways

one goes something like this.. " Mom You Love me no MATTER what Right?" "Yea" "Well I'm Gay" " Do you Still Love? Accpet Me?"

The Other one

" Mom How do you Feel About Gays,Homosexuals( cant decide which one to use)? " Mom Answer" "Well I'm Gay"( if she feel good about them ill go through with it if it not ill go with the other one ) Im tempted to add in " Do You Still Feel that way about gays,Homosexuals"

If you got any good Idea Feel Free to post them i want to know as man ways to say this
    So i can Pick the right one

9. xequar

Here's hoping for the best! It's going to seem really rough at first, but you'll look back and realize that this will be the best birthday present you will get!

If you need some advice, support, whatever, feel free to shoot me a pm.

10. Sam

Sam

good luck! I know how hard it is to tell your parents. I know everything will be ok though.

11. Bryan

Grof-
    I wanted to come out on my 16th birthday, but I didnt feel I was ready yet, make sure that you are ready and want to do it, dont do it just because that is a special day. You can come out to your parents a number of ways. I just said, "mom I need to talk to you, by the way, I am gay", and it took a while for the shock to go away. It still has been a month and she is still digesting it. Be pacient and give them a lot of time, be prepared to answer the stupid questions or be prepared for awk silences. Good luck, and just know we are all here for you.