1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one down

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by satchel, Apr 28, 2010.

1. satchel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hello, community.

Last night and then came out to my little brother, who is 15. Refreshing, surprisingly as easy as speaking the words, though I had been smoking (ganja) to calm myself down a bit. Today at work I felt more physically able of doing anything than, perhaps, ever before. I hadn't expected that to be a side-effect. I think the idea that I am honest about my body, now, is the reason.

He, my little brother, was (of course) awesome about it. We watched Borat together and had ice cream and talked about sexuality during the commercials. Poetic.

This is the first member of my family to whom I have come out. If you've seen the movie "Jesus Camp" my childhood was a bit like that. My brother is one of the most open-minded (and intelligent) people that I know so he doesn't really fit in that environment even though he still lives within it.

Anyway, very nice. One sibling down, two to go.

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I'm very happy that your brother is so excepting! Good for you, and good for him!

I wish you the best of luck in telling others!

3. Jim1454

I'm glad your little bro was accepting. That's great. Good luck with future 'coming outs'.

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your brother :slight_smile: That's great that he is supportive
    Take care