1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sent my sister a message on facebook!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EWU2012, Apr 28, 2010.

1. EWU2012

Like the title says I just sent a message to my sister on facebook a couple minutes ago coming out to her. So far I am out to two really good friends(girls) and a guy so she will be the first family member. I will be going home this weekend and I decided to come out to her hoping that it will give me the courage to come out to my parents and other sister and brother. She just moved to the Seattle area four days ago so I could not have done it in person for a while. I was having such a hard time deciding if I really wanted to do it but then I saw the other thread of someone coming out to their sister in an email tonight. I told myself that if he could then I can. I am so happy that I actually got the balls to do it but not its killing me waiting for a reply. Hopefully I get one tonight so I don't have to think about it as I try to sleep.

2. valerievalerie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope all goes well!! Thinking of you!

3. EWU2012

4. EWU2012

My sister got the message and called me but I was at a friends working on some homework so I couldn't really talk. She just said that it was cool and nothing is going to change. She also said that she has always suspected it as well as other family members. So I think it will be easier to come out to them now if they already think it. My plan is to come out to my parents and ot
    her sister and brother this weekend when I go home. I still cannot believe I did it but I feel so much better now. I don't honk it has fully hit me yet.

5. EWU2012

Sorry about the grammer. ot is supposed to say my and honk is supposed to say think. I wrote the last comment using my phone which is why it's messed up. haha

6. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your sister (*hug*) That's wonderful that she is supportive.
    I hope everything is going to go fine when you'll come out to other family members.
    Let us know.
    Take care (*hug*)

7. adam88

I honk you did good. :slight_smile:

Now that you know that the rest of your family suspects already, coming out should be much easier for you. You'd be merely confirming their suspicions, rather than you having the guilt of dropping something completely unexpected on them. You'll feel so much better when you do. Congrats. :slight_smile:

8. Spit Fire

W00t good job dude

9. EWU2012

Thanks guys. I know it will be easier but I know it will still be hard to do. My sister just quickly said that they have suspected it. I may try talking to her today if I get the time to see exactly what they all think. Like if they actually talk about it together or just make a few comments.

10. w8forme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yay! (!)(&&&)

11. kittycat16

kittycat16 Guest

Congrats on coming out to your sister

12. fulofbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay