1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexpected, but kind of sweet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by notquitebutch, Apr 29, 2010.

1. notquitebutch

So, we had to write practice college letters a few weeks ago for English. (Fun fun!)

My prompt was something along the lines of "Write about a risk you have taken in your life and the effects it has had". I don't know if I'm the only one, but whenever I have stuff like this, GAYGAYGAYGAY is the only thing I can think of :'D I was a little hesitant, but time was running out and I needed to turn something in, so I went with it and wrote about coming out to my uncle.

Today, our theme reader (not my teacher, she just helps us out with writing. Kind of strange.) was calling everyone up and giving us little tips/her general opinion of the letters. I didn't know my teacher was sharing the letters with her, so I was a little nervous that I had to come out to the BOTH of them, but.

I was totally surprised with her reaction. She told me it was such a brave essay to write, and that her daughter just got married to her partner in march. She kept telling me that it would get easier, and that my mom probably knows and she'll be okay, and that everything will work out and everything gets easier as your get older, ect. It was so... unexpected, but kind of sweet, too. I really didn't know what to say :'D

But yeah, that's it :grin:

2. someguy82

That's great! I'm glad it went so well for you.

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I bet that was a good feeling. Good on you.

4. Sylver

Wow - what an incredible story!! That took quite a lot of guts to make that your topic. And it's pretty amazing that you end up with that kind of a reaction and story from your theme reader... serendipity much? :slight_smile:

5. kittycat16

kittycat16 Guest

Glad it went well

6. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations ! That's wonderful that you had the guts to write your essay about your coming out and that's fantastic that your theme reader is supportive and has a gay daughter. That's great that you'll have someone at school you talk to about it if you need too.
    Take care (*hug*)

7. Zero Beat

Woot! :slight_smile: Glad everything went well