1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two more family members! Such a high!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by remow49, Apr 29, 2010.

1. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I had NO intention of coming out to anyone else tonight, as the only thing on my mind right now is finals. I was texting my cousin and out of the blue I said (just to see her answer) "So, I'm doing a project for anthro and I'm doing a survey for my final. Can I ask you two questions?" She agreed so I said "What's your position on gay rights and do you support gay marriage?" She answered back with "I love the gays. I also support gay marriage fully. As I have on my facebook. I'm a straight girl with gay pride. Get the fuck over it. Please quote me on the quote" Haha, I got SO happy. So I said in reply, "Okay, you're amazing. Oh, and just to let you know...I'm gay. There's no project. I just wanted to confirm that you don't care" Well right after I sent that she called me and we had an amazing conversation about it. She asked who knew and their reactions. She even offered to go to a Prop 8 rally or something with me! Later on she said "I always wanted a gay best friend!" Hahaha, so that put me on a high right after that.

THEN, about thirty seconds after I hung up with her, my other cousin called me. I had written on her facebook that I wanted to talk to her sometime soon. She asked what that was about and I said...oh..well, I wanted to do it in person (I should just add here that she's gay as well)..but I'm sure you already can guess what this will be about. She said I have a feeling... I said Well if it begins with a "g" and ends with a "y" then..yes...you're right. She got SO excited. She had wondered about it for quite some time, ever since I asked her for her skateboard when I was younger.. Then we talked about everything from pride week to the L word. She's so excited to be my "mentor" now. Ah, she was so happy.

Needless to say I got no studying done tonight..

I'm still on this amazing high! Two more people that I really wanted to know, now know. Such a great feeling! Aah, perfect de-stressor from finals. My shoulders feel so much lighter! :icon_bigg

Sorry for the novel, yet again : )

2. Jim1454

WONDERFUL story! Congratulations on coming out to your two cousins! That's awesome.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

hahaha your cousins seem like a lot of fun. Congrats! two more people that you don't have to lie to ever again :slight_smile:

4. itIsMe

What an awesome coming outs! Congratulations!:icon_bigg
    Now you have no excuse for fail on finals! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahaha, yeah, unfortunately : )

6. Eleanor Rigby

That's wonderful :slight_smile: Congratulations for coming out to your cousins (*hug*) That's fantastic that they are so supportive !
    Take care