1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mydogstewie, May 1, 2010.

1. mydogstewie

We were in the car, and I asked, "Mom, do you think I'm gay?"

She said, "I don't know, are you?"

"No, I'm bi, I like girls...and boys"

Mom: "Okay"

and then no mention...I was sort of expecting like an, "I love you no matter what."

but...no... I'm confused
    :help:

2. Absentminded

I think that she's going to need to take some time to digest it before she says she loves you no matter what, even though that's the answer we all hope to hear right off. Do you know her views about homosexuality? Has she ever said anything particularly nice/hateful towards the LGBT community?
    Good luck!

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you're only 15, there's a chance your mom just thinks it's a phase, as many teenagers think they are bi at your age. It's not uncommon for most early teens to fantasize about their own gender. You should discuss it further and make her know that you're sure that you are bi.

or maybe she's just ok with it and wants to make it not a big deal for you! That would be excellent.

4. AlyssWonderland

She probably just needs some time. At least she wasn't negative then and there. :slight_smile: Be thankful for that!

5. mydogstewie

I said to her today, "I tell you the biggest secret of my life and you friggen ignore it."

She says, "I'm confused, I don't know what it means!"

Then she yells at me asking me if this is why I'm having problems at school....

6. Eleanor Rigby

First thing, congratulations for having the guts to tell your mum (*hug*) (*hug*)
    Now, it may take some time to her to come to terms with it. Don't blame her for this : you're only 15, your mum is just not ready yet to see her baby as a sexual being, even less a gay sexual being.
    Give her some time and stay the same.
    Here is a link to a PFLAG booklet for parents of LGBT people. Maybe it could be a good idea to print that for her, that might help her coming to terms with your homosexuality.
    http://www.pflag.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Publications/Daughters_Sons.pdf
    Take care (*hug*)