1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my Other Gran today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EddyT, May 2, 2010.

1. EddyT

So here I am again posting here :lol:

I came out to my Other Gran (My moms side) today and she wasn't really happy about it.. she was telling me it was against the Bible and all that so I really don't know what to do now... but anyway another one off my list to tell :lol:

2. padre411

She needs to be enlightened on the bible. PM me if you'd like to talk more about this. I doubt you can changer her mind but it might give you a better footing for these kinds of discussions.

Peace,

3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for telling your grand-mother (*hug*) I'm sorry it didn't went too well, but give her some time. It must have been kind of a shock for her, but hopefully she'll came to term with this.
    Here is a link to a PFLAG booklet about faith and homosexuality. Maybe you can print this for her, it might help her to come to terms with your homosexuality.
    http://www.pflag.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Publications/Faith_Families.pdf

4. Jim1454

Good for you for being honest. Not everyone likes to hear the truth - but that's their cross to bear - not yours.