1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siblings dzown.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by remow49, May 2, 2010.

1. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to the last of my siblings just a few hours ago. The first sibling I came out to was my sister who's closest in age with me (about a 3 year difference). This was her reaction.

A month...ish later I told my brother I had something to talk to him about and we went to my room and sat on my bed. I could tell he was a bit nervous because I could not get it out for the life of me. But when I finally did, he just sat there with this little smile of shock and kept saying "really?" over and over again. Then he said...okay..well this doesn't change anything...as long as I can still mess with ya. Hahaha. Duh. My absolute favorite part was when he went to my closet, got this little smile on his face, looked at me, and just stood there opening and closing my closet doors. :lol:Haha, definitely made me feel a lot better. Then throughout the rest of the night he would give me little hugs.

So, today was the last of my siblings. She's the oldest and lives a few hours away with her husband so I don't get to see her much. I've really wanted to tell her but I don't want to tell any of my immediate family by any means of technology so it was now or never. I called her up to my room after dinner and, just like with my brother, I had a hard time saying it out loud. She thought I was going to tell her I had cancer or something like that because my "jugular was going crazy." :slight_smile: So when I finally got it out she just said okay, well I still love you. Is this just a phase or do you know it's for real? Haha, I said...nah, it's for real. Then she just asked me a bunch of questions and gave me a bunch of hugs. We joked about it for a bit. So all in all it went great. I'm really glad to have siblings like them. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure when I'll tell my parents. That's the only area that I'm really nervous about. I'm sure they'd be okay...but I don't think I'll be telling them any time soon...

#1 remow49, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Isn't it an amazing feeling to have that off your chest? And how cool about your brother, he sounds like a really special guy :slight_smile:

3. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh yes, definitely an amazing feeling. Yeah, he's a great, great brother and all around person. Gotta love it :slight_smile:

4. kittycat16

kittycat16 Guest

Congrats on telling your siblings

5. Windmills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations! All your siblings sounds pretty amazing!

6. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for having the guts to tell your siblings (*hug*) And congratulations to them for being awesome people :slight_smile:

7. Nawy56

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Remow! Seems like its been a great experience thus far! Pretty quickly up to 11! wow.

8. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, tell me about it...I was on a roll for bit :slight_smile: