1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They Know

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TroubledRyan, May 5, 2010.

1. TroubledRyan

Soo I have been building myself up to tell my mom for several months...

but anyways she told me she is going to go get a surgory, and there is a chance she won't wake up( like any surgory).

So I decided to man up and tell her. We were driving alone to El Paso to go to here school, and I slowly got up to ' you know I'm keeping a secret from you, and I have been trying to make it really obvious'... and she started gessing ( stupid stuff), so I finally just went 'really?!' and then she asked...annnnd I kinda nodded nd looked away nd down...nd it was kinda awkward lol

so befor she left country for her surgory, I told her she could tell dad out there...and she did befor her surgory, he still has not spoke to me about it...he just keeps on bring up girls and its soo weird haha...

so all in all its good, my mom just thinks its a phase, and my dad completly avoids it! :dry:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! It sounds like she was basically pretty ok about it, which is great!. The "phase" thing is total bargaining in the stages of loss but she'll come around. And your dad may sorta be in a little bit of denial, but if he doesn't come around soon, you might have to gently say something when he mentions girls, or talk about some guy you find hot or something :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

Good for you for telling your mom! Congrats!

4. Connor22

WELL DONE m8 that sounds quite awkward but still well done! hope your mum is ok, what did she need an operation for anyway? if you don't mind me asking

5. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the MAN UP part. Great job. Our fears to be ourselves is all we have to fear!

6. TroubledRyan

seadog I completly agree with you!

Connor, it was a sleeve surgory, because somthign happened to her s she couldn't losse her weight after haveing my lil bro, no matter how hard she tryed, and it was causing medical problems, so she went to the dominican republic for it.

And thanks Jim and Chip, I'm sure she will come around, I have been talking to my x to her, and the whole condom talk lmao...basically told her I want some...which ya...was kinda weird... I brought it up because I asked ' why are you offering to buy me condoms, when you won't let me kiss someone I like' and basically she offerd me condoms nd will let me kiss the person i like...but the persons my x now lmao

7. stevie

do you feel better now that your parents know? just curious

8. TroubledRyan

ya...alot better.

you see my whole life my mom has been my #1 person to run to for ANYTHING...and when I kept that secret from her It took its toll :frowning2:
    nd for my dad...well I don't really care, he has been out of my life from when I was about 7-11 and I honestly don't care if he approved or disapproved, but I take his silence as nutrality and I'm fine with that :slight_smile:

9. Darkwing65

Awesome man. Congrats.

10. Damon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    agreed thts awesome...its a huge load of ur chest :wink: