1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was dead!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ilayis, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I had told my future cousin-in-law that I was Bi,cool enough she is Bi too now with an awesome girlfriend.But,we were experimenting and it didn't turn out good so she told my step-mom who told my dad right in front of me.He snapped,said I was just confused and didn't know better.Next thing I know I'm pulled from my chair and he gets ready to knock me out,when he stops and leaves.He didn't talk to me for 2 weeks.I never mentioned it to any family ever again.
    :icon_redf

2. Jim1454

Wow! Was this recently? I'm not sure exactly what your family was reacting to...

Was it the fact that you're bi? or the fact that you'd 'experimented' with a relative of sorts? There's really no excuse for someone hitting or even threatening to hit their own son like that.

At any rate, you can feel free to talk about stuff here, because there's likely someone else here that has gone through a similar situation and may be able to offer some advice. Even if it's to just get something off your chest, this is a great site.

Welcome to EC!

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Sorry it was to me being bi and it was really only my father,and it was 4 yrs ago,thanx for the reply buddy.

4. Jim1454

Well its cool that you've been able to come out to your friends, even if your family isn't OK with it... Based on your dad's reaction, it may be best to lay low...

5. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

i already got the lay low part down,its on how long i have too that messes with me

6. JECO

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It all really depends. I have a friend who came out when he was 16, his dad was violent towards him. It sucks, but 7 years later they aren't close, but it's not so much of an issue. He talks openly with his father, and is even in a long-term relationship. His boyfriend is allowed to come to family events and functions, and I think last time he was over his father even started asking them what they're plans were as a couple. It was an encouraging story to hear. Hopefully things will turn out the same for you eventually.

7. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Having to hide from your family sucks... I hope everything gets better for you!