1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one down, the rest to come shortly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by The BC, May 13, 2010.

1. The BC

After my accidental outing (first one), I've been planning on coming out to the rest of my close friends. Today I 'dropped the bomb,' on one of my best friends / roommate. The rest are coming this week / weekend!

I was sober this time, it was intentional, and I can't believe how well it went. He was shocked for a moment and said, 'I didn't see that coming. I've never had anyone tell me that before so I don't know what I'm supposed to do if anything, but nothing changes and if you need anything I'm here for you.'

:slight_smile:

He then proceeded to ask if anyone else knows and I told him the situation with my other roommate. I asked him if he thought anyone else would have a problem with it and he said the following. 'You've been such a good friend to all of us, I don't think anyone could have a bad reaction, man.'

He asked me about the processes of coming out, when I thought I knew, and that jazz. It was a good conversation and it went better than I could have ever imagined. I love my friends, and they love me.

I would have never gotten this far if it weren't for EC. Thank you guys!

- The BC

2. RaRa

Aww that's so cute. Congrats! :slight_smile:

3. The BC

Thanks! It feels so good having somebody know your 'darkest secret,' and have it change nothing. I am days away from going full gay (haha), and look forward to living life as myself. :grin:

Random side note: I'm torn right now. I want to buy a slightly used m3 or honda s2k. The 9k redline of the ap1 has me so tempted, but so does the raw power of the m. I know you are a bimmer lover RaRa, persuade me to get an M3 over the s2k if you can. I haven't driven an M3 but the s2k is sex on wheels in the curves.

#3 The BC, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  4. EWU2012

Congrats!!

5. Jim1454

Good story! Congratulations! I'm glad it went so well. Good luck telling the rest of them!

6. Windmills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Totally awesome--congratulations!

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you should be proud of yourself, but remeber this moment of strength use it to draw to draw on when you're not sure you can do something.

8. The BC

Update:

I told two more roommates today. First one went really well, more or less exactly like my original post. The second of which, my hardest one yet, went ok. I've been telling them who knows as it goes along so that they can talk amongst themselves if need-be but for the time being to keep it to the group who knows. All have been exceptionally respectful and accepting. :slight_smile:

The thing I've emphasized with this whole thing is open communication. If you've got questions, I'm all ears. I won't take offense to odd ball questions, I've known you for far too long. It's a process for me, and continues to be, and there may or may not be an adjustment for you as well.

The last person I told today went ok-ish. I knew it would be the hardest with him and even so it wasn't all that bad. We had a good convo and I told him that while I'm ok with it, it took me a long time to get there and that I can understand if it takes time for him to get adjusted to the news. He said nothing will change, I'm still a great friend, and always will be.

I think the hardest thing for me is the fact that I've blindsided everyone I've told so far. :eusa_doh:
    I assumed that I came off as gay but apparently that isn't really the case. Everyone I've told has not seen it coming, was shocked, but supportive. I never thought I'd say it but I wish I was more flaming because I think it would be easier to break the news. The 'are you fucking with me or are you serious? Really? I mean, nothing changes, but really? You are gay? No, really?' is getting old fast. Like I said, everyone has been great, hugged me, supported me, ect. For fucks sake, I have a picture of james dean on my wall...Did you not see this coming?

Anyway, thanks again everyone.

- The BC

:grin:

9. Sylver

You are awesome!!! I really, really love the way you have handled this - my feelings are that your brilliant approach has probably been at least partly responsible for the incredible reactions that you're getting. I need to frame this conversation on my wall it is so awesome!!

As for people not seeing it coming, don't be surprised and don't let it put you off their positive reactions. Allow them to express their surprise or any other reactions as they feel necessary. I'm not the "gayest" person on earth either, but that doesn't matter one way or another - I am who I am, period. When you find out that I am gay, you're just finding out one of many interesting discoveries you could make about me. If you already suspected - nice! If not, then welcome to this new knowledge about me! :slight_smile:

10. The BC

Last person I'm going to tell for a while knows. Out to five people, all have been nothing but great friends and really supportive. The open communication thing has been great and very well received - Had a lot of great convo's and it's not awkward, or weird, or anything of the sort.

I'm going to re-acclimate myself to the 'out,' me for a while but if anyone asks (which, I don't think they would based on other peoples reactions thus far) I have no issue telling them. If they see me being gay (win!), so be it! :grin: Coming out has been great but also taken its toll. There were a lot of emotions I dealt with that I wasn't expecting but all have been good, some more tiring than others.

Thanks again everyone. Life has picked up its pace recently and I need to get my act together but I'll be on here when I can. Look forward to reading more great coming out stories - you can do it!

- The BC