1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suppose I'm out at work now.. :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kettleoffish, May 15, 2010.

1. kettleoffish

not really much of a story, but I just had a bit of a pain in the arse of a shift with some fussy customers (one old bint even went as far as to call me a 'fucking disgrace' - but that's the food service industry for ya) so I feel like thinking about the positives of tonight's work.

I recently started working at a fancy hotel in the restaurant. One of my supervisors is gay, which is probably an understatement. He's the biggest flaming queen I've ever met. Tonight, he was in charge of a private dinner/dance event for a big corporate group, and I was roped into helping out with it because of a shortage of staff in that department. I have a friend who also works there who's I've been out to for a long time, and him and the boss man were having a conversation about sexuality (or rather, my boss was talking about the 'hot guy table', because, coincidentally, the two hottest guys happened to be at the same table, which didn't go unnoticed by either of us let's just say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and long story short, I'm now properly out at work :grin:

2. knight of ni

Cool, its nice being out at work, isn't it?
    The place I work also has a gay supervisor, who runs the dining room. But I was in the bar one day and one of the girls who worked there was chatting with me, and she said, "You got your eye on anyone?"
    "Yeah..." I said, not really thinking about where the conversation was going.
    "So, who is she?"
    "Um..." I said, waking up to the potential problem, and then deciding what to say. "Wrong pronoun," I said.
    "Oh... so, who is he?" she said. And that was it!