1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of The Blue ....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zach, May 19, 2010.

1. Zach

I ended up coming out to a husband and wife "Team" where I work today. I have worked with this "Married couple" for the past + 10 years, and we get along great, both at work and when I've been invited to their home. But this has to be one of the most unplanned coming out stories that I have ever had.
    This happened at work this morning. When I went into their work area, they had a CD playing on their small office stereo system. They were playing the "Backstreet Boys.... I want it that way". With out even thinking of what I was about to do, I pulled up a file that's stored on my personal file folder on our work server (I'm the admin of the server so it's buried pretty deep) and I played this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLGxlV7hyw They both laughed (they're pretty cool) at first....but then it set in ... I could see their collective eyes get ...MUCH.. bigger. And as my co-wokers wife seemed to process what I had just siad ... and as she started to ask ...Are you trying to say your .... I just smiled and said ..... (!) Yes (!) This was totally unplanned, and I got hugs from both of them (&&&). They never had a clue, but I'm glad the timing was right, and that they were accepting of me. I'm also happy that the few "select" friends at work that I have already came out to didn't blab about me and let me choose who, and when "I" wanted them to get to know the real me.

#1 Zach, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. TroubledRyan

haha thats awesome! :grin:

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

thats amazing!
    Hope it all keeps going well for you :slight_smile:

4. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    great vid, too! thanks and congrats

5. Zach

Well this is just an update to my post ....... I have been invited back to their house this weekend for a cook out. I didn't mention it in my original post, but in the past my friends \ co-workers were kinda trying to set me up with ....Girls :eek:
    Since I'm now out to them ... they want me to meet a couple of "guys" that they know.:thumbsup: I had no idea that they would accept me as being gay, and that they would want to introduce me to a couple of their "hetro-sexual challanged friends" (!)(&&&)
    I still can't believe this is real, and that it has turned out so well this far. I feel so good tonight. :icon_bigg

6. Sylver

Wow, nice story! :slight_smile: And now they're trying to set you up with guys? That's awesome! The thing is none of this could have happened - the happiness, the good response, the potential setups - without you starting the ball rolling...

7. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: I'm happy for you it went well and that they are supportive.