1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

October 11th- Who Are You Telling?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Sep 6, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Okay I thought i'd make a thread to discuss people in our lives that we want to come out to on this day. I have it so ahead of time because its easier to prepare. this isn't like the other thread about it because this is just to discuss who we are telling not really anything else about it.

Me, personally I want to tell my friend Gayle, my friend Lizzie, and maybe my new friend (don't know her name yet) from my Food Science class. i think she already knows about my cutting so my sexuality shouldn't matter. espcially since i'm pretty sure i can trust her. i can tell we are going to become friends even if she's a junior. so thats my list so far. everyone else in my family and really close friends knows. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :newcolor:
    i'm thinking of writing "warrior" in rainbow colors on my dry erase board in my locker and circle the words 'October 11th' when the date gets closer.

2. SpikySpice

Aaawwww Angel, you are so brave, well , I wish you luck(*hug*)

Me, well, I'm gonna sneak into the guidance office at school, grab the mic, when no one was around and make an announcement saying I'm gay...

Nah, that's too risky, i may got a preferal for sneaking int the mic room

So, I'm planning to tell my Singing class, since my boyfriend is in there with me, so he can support me, the reason is because most people are nice in music class.

Then i'll tell my teachers, I hope, those who like me alot

I'm not sure if i can come out to my mom, that's the last thing i can do on Earth

Some of my friends say they paln on making some flyers:grin: and stick rainbow and pride stuffs on the walls:icon_bigg

3. davo-man

Well on Oct 12th Im telling my family (i cant do it on Oct 11, cos my birthday dinner has to be on a Friday so everyone can make it, but its close enough)...then on the 13th im letting my friends that they can tell whomever they want, even tho i think a couple already have...oh well hehe

but yeah ill be fully out by the 13th

4. Grof142007

MY MOM and maybe my dad ( and anyone who see my wearing my Rainbow belt)34 day left until the big day OMG *screams* so close im scared oh and i was plan on buying a rainbow belt on the day but i was plan on doing it tommorow but i think im going to wait and buy it on national coming out so everyone will know

5. Sam

Sam

Well I'm going to work on possibly being more openly gay. I'm going to change my orientation on myspace so that all of my friends on myspace will eventually know and I'm not going to be afraid to hide it because I think thats my problem now is I'm hiding it so it makes life a lot harder. most of my family and friends know so I don't really need to tell any major person in my life. I'm also thinking about wearing something on that day which tells people that I'm celebrating being gay I don't know if I can make myself do that though!

6. Jim1454

I think I'd feel better about my situation if I told my mom and dad. I'm sure they'll be ok with it - but likely will 'worry' about me. I haven't told them because they were going away on a 1 month vacation, and didn't want them stewing about it the whole time they were away. I figured I could tell them when they get back.

Which, come to think about it, will be just around October 11... Hmmm..

7. paul7836

Im going to tell my trusted friends at least... Ill try to tell my dad, but no guarantees. (my mom is still in denial. She thinks its OCD) So I really dont know who im going to come out to. But I definetly will tell someone.

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On October 11th, my very homophobic grandfather will be 80 years old... None of my grandparents knows about me (as far as I know). I'm not hiding my sexuality, but they just can't imagine it. I never told them blatantly, but I think my sexuality is pretty evident after an affair I had.

I might tell my grandfather... no, never... it would kill him. But I might be even more open about it at school. I am very open about it but no one seems to notice, lol.

9. AlmightyFluffy

My parents.
    I ordered that coming out kit from the national coming out day site,
    seconds afterward I realized if my parents catch me with that kit I pretty much outted myself.
    Other than them, I don't really know...I guess it'll be pretty much a grab bag day.

10. davo-man

Just out of interest...whats a "Coming Out Kit"?

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's a kit you can order from the Human Rights Campaign in the U.S.

12. emerald

My problem with that day is I don't have anyone left to come out to. Unless I find a way to get it on national television. Buttt I'm still dressing up for it. I've got more pride clothes and jewelry than I know what to do with.
    And our GSA is going to try this really cool thing, we're going to get some pink triangle stickers that say, "I'm coming out as _______" And you can write whatever there. Some other school did it and they had things like "a cat person," and "a Trekkie." So it just gets the idea of coming out, well, out there. And if some of the closested people want to write LGBT on it they can. And we ordered a kit too. Should be fun.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Only 9 days away, so time to bring this thread back to the first page again.

Who will you be coming out to on October 11th?

14. rorotherara

rorotherara Guest

fbjkfjfbjf.

Omfg. I brought up the issue of gay marriage/gay rights at the spur of the moment debate thing and man, the way they REACTED. I felt like trash, I felt like scum, I felt their words cutting into my skin.

I can't come out to anyone at all on that day, I'm just too afraid.

15. MalibuGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im hoping i will find the courage to come out to my aunt on the 13th when i see her. she is very close to me and i trust her.

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Two Senators and a Representative at the United States Capital in Washington, DC!! Whoohoo!!!!! (!) (!) (!)

17. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am considering telling my Mum..

I am very scared... :confused:

18. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hmmm...well considering I'm in Australia, I don't think this particular coming out day applies. It sounds awesome though.

However, on the 14th November there is going to be a pride march in Adelaide. I have that weekend off work and I am seriously considering going to that....but I'm not certain if I will be coming out to everyone on that day too. I suppose it depends on how I'm feeling and if I'm ready or not. It's one thing to walk alongside complete strangers and celebrate something in common. But it's entirely different coming out to people you know.

For those of you who do come out to someone on Oct 11th, I wish you the best and hope it all goes well :eusa_danc

19. davo-man

omg are you serious about the march, Revealed?...So totally thinking about going!!!...also, I will tell my family at some point around that day, but it turns out that my birthday dinner will be after my party....but Ii wanna be out for my party so it has to be before then (on Oct 13)....wat to do....

20. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hahaha!! I was waiting for a reply from another South Aussie!!

I've just been checking the site now, and I got a bit mixed up I'm sorry. It's actually saturday the 10th Nov as part of Adelaide's annual Feast Festival (GLBT arts/theatre event). It starts at 5:30pm at Light Square in the city and the march travels down Hindley street, King William street and leads to a huge celebration at Adelaide University.

I've never been to a pride march, so this will be a first for me. I'll be wearing my pride colours though:eusa_danc