1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Weekend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 4 seat, May 23, 2010.

1. 4 seat

So, this weekend was kool, but kinda weird...

Yesterday at work, I had this very obvious gay guy at one of my tables, which generally makes me uncomfortable, but I'm getting better about being around them. He started blatantly hitting on me and saying sort of suggestive things to me and all of his friends there were laughing and stuff, and I just kinda smiled and laughed it off cuz they all thought I'm straight. Then they asked me to give him my number and I nicely said no, cuz I didn't want to. The guy was being annoying as shit and started making things awkward and he was getting drunker, and when they were leaving, he asked me for my number again and I said no, and then he left his number on the receipt and said if I "switch teams" I should hit him up. He didn't realize that we're on the same team. And I'm flattered, but no, you're annoying and stupid and regardless of sexuality, if someone refuses your advances, you gotta respect that right? WTF?

Then, last night I went out with some of my friends in SD and a couple of their friends that I'd never met. I'm out to my friends, and they're kool with it, but then I was just talking to one of the girls that was there with us and then she said "you should move down here soon, I'm really excited to hang out with a gay guy!!!" and I thought WTF, how does she know? And she saw that I was surprised and she said "oh, [my friend] told me about it, I'm totally fine with it" and I just thought, wtf, why did my friend tell her? I found out that everyone that was there with us knew, when I thought that only 3 of them did. I just got weirded out and felt naked for a minute. They knew I was gay, but I didn't tell them. I had never met them before, why would he tell them? I confronted him and he apologized and really didn't mean to offend me or anything. I got over it quickly and kinda realized that I don't care if these girls I've never met know that I'm gay. That surprised me. I guess i'm getting more comfortable.

2 weird experiences. Good weekend though. I'm feeling kinda weird that my friend went behind my back though. I guess at this point it's ok.

2. paco

paco Guest

it's kinda nice actually when friends tell people before they meet you. then you don't have to pretend for a while then go through telling them later. no matter how many people i tell, it always feels awkward, but if they know, you can move on. but having your approval first is a definite must.

3. Khobra

Khobra Guest

I find it better if my friends talk to other people and tell them I'm gay.
    At least with that taken care, I don't have to stop everyone from whatever they're doing to make an announcement saying I'm gay.

Besides, telling people I'm gay is just too awkward (probably because it's really easy to pick up that I'm gay, so I don't really see the point of ME having to announce it)

4. toetoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    IMO, both situations are positives hah.

in the first situation, it shows that a gay guy who thinks you're straight finds you attractive enough to hit on you repeatedly. just take it as a compliment. :grin:

and in the second scenario, if you didn't realise everyone knew, then it just goes to show you how things won't change dramatically, so you should feel more comfortable in coming out :grin: