1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more person. More soon.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlyssWonderland, May 30, 2010.

1. AlyssWonderland

So I just made a thread for advice on what I should do to come out to my friend Allison yesterday. And I did, last night over facebook chat. It went well, thankfully.

We were talking about how our gay best friend Gabriel came out to us, and it turns out he did the same night for both of us but in different ways. When he told me that night, it gave me the courage to come out to him the next morning. I decided last night that why should I lie about the coming out story? It would be a good way to tell her. So this is what happened....

Allison: -tells the story-
    Me: Simply put, this is what happened for me and him. I told him that I liked him [I fell for him hard at the time.] he told me he was gay. I said thats cool and asked him how he knows. He asked how I know I'm straight. I said 'what if I'm not?' He said cool.
    Allison: Aww. :] Thats cute.
    Me: Mhmm. Oh, and in case you didn't notice from the above IM, I'm not exactly... straight. :grin: I've attempting hinting into conversation before but I guess you didn't notice.
    Allison: I didn't before but I did now. I'll always accept people who love, because love is love no matter who you find it in.
    Me: Straight people who care are cool. :slight_smile:
    Allison: So are bi girls :slight_smile:

So yay! I finally did it. Without my best friends forcing me to like they have before. I'm hoping to tell my friends Eden, Emily, and Hailley soon. I know they'll be okay with it too, since Eden is friends with Gabriel, Emily's brother is gay, and Hailley is a lesbian.

Telling Allison brings me up to eight people now. Most of my closest friends know. After the three I listed above there will only be a few people left that I want to tell alone too before I tell people that are a little less important. I love this feeling of not having to hide. Love love love it.

Thank you to the people who gave me advice on my last thread! It definately helped. I kept the thread up to look at while I told her just to motivate me. (*hug*)

2. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! Thats a sweet story!! :slight_smile:

3. AlyssWonderland

Thank you :slight_smile: I couldn't stop smiling.
    I'm just glad it's a weekend and not a school day because everyone would ask what the hell was wrong with me.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to her! :slight_smile:

5. eddie21

congratualtions!!! it gets easier the more people you tell. im happy for you!