1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just sent someone a message

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by egnvectr, May 30, 2010.

1. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

So as I wrote in this thread I put men under "interested in" on my facebook last week and set the privacy settings so just around < 20 people could see it. (only people with no possible link to either my family or other people that i don't want to know yet).
    I don't think anyone saw it, probably no one did.

Just now I got the idea to send someone a message and ask them to look at my profile. I remember in one of my old posts here someone said something like "dont think just do it" so I just did it......

I don't know what will happen. I know for sure she's more than fine with it, that's why I sent it to her. anyway I thought I'd be really nervous after sending it but I'm not that much. I dont even feel any desire to remove it from my profile, which I could still do before she sees.
    acutaly i cant believe i just did that. now i won't be able to sleep wondering when she'll get my message.

#1 egnvectr, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  2. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

ok she saw it... she IMed me and said she saw it and asked if i wanted to talk about it and i said no and she said if you ever do send me another message and we just moved on. actually i kind of do want to but i was way too nervous to discuss it any more.

3. concklin

but if you do talk about it with her, that nervousness will turn to relief. it will feel great

4. Ashleigh Ann

That's very true, as stated from personal experience. :slight_smile:

5. AlyssWonderland

Talk about it. Once you do, it will be out in the open, no more worries or nervousness. It can be tough to start talking to her about it, but its worth it. If you already know she's fine with it, she's willing to talk about it, and you want to talk about it, you definately should. You've got nothing to lose. :slight_smile:

6. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

thanks for your encouragement guys, i did tell her to feel free to ask me anything and then we started talking a lot. i definitely feels so0 much better now.

7. 4 seat

Yeah dude, if you're gonna tell someone, you gotta talk about it with them afterwards. They already know, so it's out in the open and all questions can be answered. It can be kinda awkward with some of the questions, but it's relieving for sure.