1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOO Confidence Booster

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 4 seat, May 30, 2010.

1. 4 seat

So one of my friends who I'm not too close with but still kool is leaving for the marines this Thursday. He's a hardcore republican and he's kinda crazy, but he's kool in general. So, last night, all my friends and he went out, and all my friends with us know I'm gay and are kool with it, so I figured, what the hell, I'll tell him. Normally I freak out before and have to build myself up to it. But I seriously didn't think for more than about 20 seconds before I just said:
    "Hey, Ed, guess what? I'm gay!" and all my friends were right there and they were listening. What's his response?
    "I know". WTF?!?!?!?
    "How the fuck do you know?!?!?!?"
    "Andy told me"
    ".........WTF how the hell does he know? I don't even talk to that guy anymore!!"
    "I don't know. Whatever, it's kool"
    Well shit. Haha. Apparently it's becoming more common knowledge that I'm gay. The koolest part about it- I don't really care!!! All my friends are totally fine with it. I have their love and support and that of my brother as well. Then, later last night, one of my other friends got way too drunk and gave me a big hug and told me I'm his favorite faggot and went around introducing me as his best friend to girls (I'm his wingman, lol). And then today was awesome, we just hung around and did nothing and relaxed- something I haven't done in awhile. Good weekend. Right now I'm feeling like this guy (!) lol. Hope everyone's having a great Memorial day weekend!!!!

2. RaRa

You just HAD to remind me it was memorial day weekend. Up until now I thought my parents had work tomorrow. xD

Anyways congrats! It feels really nice being yourself, doesn't it? :slight_smile:

3. The BC

I'm glad to hear everyone is cool with it. That's been my experience too - people being really supportive and cool with it. :slight_smile:

I went out with my good friend yesterday and we went guy watching at the bar - it was a blast. I told her the previous day and she called me the next day and said, 'We are going out, tonight, and guy watching. This is going to be awesome!' It was. :grin:

It seems like the people we think would be least supportive are totally cool with it. At least that's my experience.