1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thinking of coming out? Help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by chained butterfly, May 31, 2010.

1. chained butterfly

OK, so I am lesbian and I think I should come out to my family. My parents know in a sense, i mean they think im bi-curious but I'm not.

I think literally my whole family is homophobic but i just don't care anymore. I want to show them who their "angel" really is. Anyway, Im beyond afraid of their reaction.....

soo.... :help:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good luck! Sounds like it's time!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok let me get this straight your parents think you are bi-curious and you want to tell them you are a lesbian?

If I have understood correctly then I would advise that you tell them in the way you feel most comfortable, so maybe writing a letter or email, or just sitting them down and telling them. You said you think most of your family is homophobic so maybe you could get some PFLAG information for them, although it seems as though they have accepted you as bi-curious so thats good.
    I know you also put in your post that you dont care about their reaction anymore but I think you should still carefully think about how you tell them, so it is less likely to become an arguement.

4. xCrazyInsanity

This is a good sign that it is NOT time to come out

5. x2x2x2x2y2

If you can support yourself financially, and you're ready for them to know, then I say go for it!!