1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not as Painful as Expected

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Charme, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Charme

Charme Guest

I just recently came out to my father about being gay.

On the way home from high school, I asked his views on gay people. He said he doesn't think any different from them since he had many gay friends. We got home and he asked me why did I ask. I told him a had a gay friend in school but that was a lie. Apparently, i think he suspected something so he kept asking about this friend. What was his name, race, grade and when did i meet him. I made up some stuff like saying he was a friend from 8th grade. He then asked how did i know he was gay, did he tell me is what he asked. I told him i suspected him to be gay. After a few minutes of silence and watching TV, i confessed that i didnt have a gay friend and that i made him up. Then i wound up telling him i was gay. He took it pretty well. He is in denial though, he says try on girls first to be sure. But that counts as coming out right? He also told me not tell my mom. It was a pretty painless procedure although i did expect him to be a little understanding. It was a pretty normal day after that :lol: I'm so proud of myself for coming out to my dad.

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Good job on coming out! Congrats, glad your dad took it ok =O

And... as random as this may be, The only 3 things I know about you seem like this person I know...

3. Charme

Charme Guest

oh? and what 3 things are those?:eek:

4. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Congratulations on coming out. Being a nosy person I am curious as to the three things also....... and joem29 I think your sig line is hilarious

5. Charme

Charme Guest

lol, which part of the sig is hilarious? i hope its the poem cuz if its the pics...:bang:

6. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Yeah it is the poem. The pics are fabulous!

7. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow! Congrats on coming out to your dad! ...even though you hadn't actually planned on doing it..

I think coming out to your parents would be the hardest thing to do (which is why I haven't done it yet) but I'm glad things went well.

:eusa_clap

8. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I want to come out to my mom too im tired of acting straight my moms always telling me oo loook at the girl shes pretty but idc about girls! I like guys! llol so im hoping i have the strength to do it, and gratz on ur father taking it so well My freind took it good too =D

9. Sam

Sam

congrats!

10. Charme

Charme Guest

i think coming out to moms might be harder. i dont know maybe its just me lol.:icon_redf

11. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Well... if your name breaks up to Joe M.; You're 15 and you live in California.

12. Charme

Charme Guest

darn, my name isnt Joe but its close 1 letter missing but its not m Joem is my nickname, lol. and ur obviously correct about california and my age. :thumbsup:

13. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

darn, my name isnt Joe but its close 1 letter missing but its not m Joem is my nickname, lol. and ur obviously correct about california and my age.

lol, well, I used to know someone whose name was Joe and his last name started with an "M" and he is also 15 and he lives in California:icon_bigg