1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So One of My Friends...Part 2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ciceron, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Ciceron

Ciceron Guest

So instead of waiting till Saturday to come out to my friend I just went straight over to her house and just told her.

It was kinda weird and I was like really nervous so I kinda beat around the bush for awhile, and heck, I didn't even say "I'm gay" I just said "Hey I'm not straight."

But we talked for a really long time after that, about all sorts of things related and not. She was more surprised I just hadn't told her sooner and that I thought it would mean so much to her. It felt great because after we got done talking we just kinda chilled and played a game together while we each talked about work. It seems silly but like, it was kinda nice for her to know and not talk about it after a certain point because it was like nothing changed. We still got along great and did the same things.

I feel great about it, and I'm glad I decided to tell her. She's already just been so awesome about it.

2. RaRa

Congrats! It feels nice doesn't it? You'll slowly be more comfortable the more and more people you tell where you can then proudly say "I'm gay." :slight_smile:

3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your friend. That's great that she is supportive :slight_smile:

4. Colton

Congradulations. I'm glad she was so supportive.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Seems like it went as well as it possibly could!

And don't worry about not literally saying "I'm gay". It's not unusual to start coming out by beating around the bush. the important thing is that she knows!

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friend! I'm happy for you that she took it well and is supportive. :slight_smile:

7. Ciceron

Ciceron Guest

Thanks so much, it's just so awesome. We both went shopping all day like originally planned and it was just such a blast with her. Nothing has changed, other then her asking me what I thought about a few cute guys we came across! :lol:

8. booby

im glad her reaction was a positive one .. great friend you have there!