1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's not me coming out o_o

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainbowVampire, Jun 12, 2010.

1. RainbowVampire

This is a bit of a pain..

So I had to come out before I was ready, when I was either 12 or 13. My mom could tell something was wrong and talked me into telling her. After that, one by one my friends knew when I trusted them enough and I knew they would accept me. I'm much more comfortable telling people now than I was when this all started. (I couldn't even say it outright, I had to make them guess!)
    Anyway, when I wanted to tell my dad, my mom told me she had already talked to him about it. I was soooo mad... She took away a very important convorsation I would have had with my father! We still talked about it, of course, but he knew prior to it and it felt like he was just going through the motions. My father's gay, though, so he was very understanding. More so than my mother will EVER be.

Speaking of which, the pain is that she keeps coming out for me. I don't even know who knows and who doesn't anymore. I found out the other day that she had talked to my grandmother about it. My grandmother?! Honestly! And other people seem to be doing it, too. A while ago my half cousin was ranting about how people keep calling him gay, and he pointed to me and my (also bisexual) friend, and said "You guys might like boys and girls but I like boobies!" (lol) and I was stunned. How long had he known?! Who told him? Who else knows that I don't know they know! (Mouthful @_@)

I kind of feel like I'm losing that important bridge one crosses when coming out. I'm more linient with my sexuality and transgender..ed..ness.. and I could come out to someone that doesn't need to know accidentally. It's all very confusing.

So there's my story. Is this a common thing? Do you turn around and suddenly more people than you intended know about your rainbow stickers?

2. x2x2x2x2y2

I don't think it's common.

You need to sit your mom down and tell her how you feel. Try to make her understand why this is something you need to do and not her. Try asking your dad to talk to her too.

A lot of people know. That wasn't your choice, but none the less, they know. So now you gotta take control of the situation. Unless you wanna ask how everyone around you knows, there's not much you can do besides being out and honest. It's better then trying to go back into the closet(unless of course you truely aren't ready to come out). I'm sorry that you didn't get to tell the people you wanted when you wanted.

3. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    That's (unfortunately) one of the side effects of coming out to someone--there's a possibility that other people are going to find out too.

You should definitely tak to your mom about this. She needs to know that you aren't comfortable with her telling everyone, and that you want to be the one to do it. She needs to let you handle it on your own.

This is also, unfortunately, true. There isn't really much you can do at this point. (*hug*) I'm sure it'll all work out. The people who know seem to be supportive, so it isn't all bad.

4. RainbowVampire

Thanks guys :slight_smile: I'll definetly talk to my mom about it (I've needed to anyways...) And I don't think it's bad that people know - I want them to know, staying in the closet is hard xD