1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 People & Pride

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by otc877, Jun 13, 2010.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

A friend of mine convinced me to go to pride, which I was admittedly hesitant about but was definitely needed. It was a surreal experience, everyone there knew you're gay and it was reason for celebration. For once in my life I wasn't in the closet and it felt awesome. When I got into the car a friend was there who had no idea I am gay (he is too) and he was just like "Oh... really?" and that was about it

After pride, when I got dropped at home off I said to my friends "Well, back to the closet..." which was meant as a joke, but really got me thinking. So I had called my best friend and invited him over. When he got there we started talking about the fight and the world cup when he asked me what I did all day (i didn't take any of his calls earlier). I told him I was at pride and he just said "Oh" and kept talking about the fight. I was making a burrito while he was talking just smiling about how dense he was being. I finished my burrito and we went to go pick up another friend. (The friend we were going to pick up is gay and pretty flamboyant about it)

So in the car we started talking about Lakers and Celtics and I was just thinking to myself, "quit being a bitch and tell him." So, I just blurted out "You know I'm gay right?"
    "Are you being serious right now?"
    "Yep."
    "This isn't some joke is it?"
    "Nope"
    "So you're really gay?"
    "Yeah pretty much.."
    "How?"
    "I don't know, I just am..."
    "Well... when? How do you know?"
    "How do you know you like vagina?"
    "Are you being serious right now? You're really gay?"
    this went back and forth for a while...

He was fine with it, just more or less concerned that I was going to change into some super queer.

So not only am I far more comfortable with myself from pride, as a result I'm out to two more people. Was a good day.

#1 otc877, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
  2. EWU2012

Haha Congrats!!! I went to Pride yesterday and it was sooooo much fun!! :slight_smile:

3. RaRa

Congrats!

Oh, and I'm totally jealous you got to go to pride. :/ lol

4. x2x2x2x2y2

congrats!! thats awesome!!

5. otc877

otc877 Guest

Thanks for all the responses. It turns out another one of my close guy friends knows. We were playing redneck life (which is the redneck version of the board-game life [go figure]) and it got to the point where you marry somebody. He asked, "are you marrying a guy or a girl?" and I rolled the dice and said out loud "Cletus James" as I filled in his name.

To be fair though, he's known for at least a year because of his girlfriend whom I told prior. So, tonight I just confirmed it for him. We've yet to talk about it in the open, but he knows I went to pride so there's really no question about him knowing.

6. adam88

Lol congrats. :slight_smile: I can't wait for Pride Toronto, even with all those stupid political things that have been going on this year.