1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want to tell the world... or how I realized I liked girls!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by winter89, Sep 9, 2007.

1. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This summer I worked at the same Girl Scout camp that I have been attending as a camper and always wanted to work at. The long running joke is that most of the staff is at least bi and that you'll become bi or a lesbian by the end of the summer. All of this is in good humor because it's pretty true, or at least the part about a good portion of the staff being bi or lesbian. The funny thing is that my life started to change in a good way the day after I was thrown off and got stepped on by a horse. Yeah, it hurt like :***: but that was what caused me and Joanna to really get the chance to know one another. We both thought of ourselves as straight; she had had a couple ex-boyfriends, and I had a very complicated relationship with a guy who didn't understand part of me. As the summer progressed, we both found ourselves drawn to one another and spending all our time together. The first moment that I think we both realized that we had feelings for one another was when we spent the weekend with my uncle's hot air balloon. The next week I was out of camp for a school trip while she was back at camp, and I can't count the number of times we talked to one another whether by phone, text message, or internet. When we were both back at camp the following week, I found out that the guy who I was kind of dating was officially through with me. I told her this because it was one of the things we talked about and she just reminded me that he was an idiot. It took her until the next week to do anything about her feelings. I was unsure about how I felt and how she felt back. One night we had gone to a movie, came back and started to make out in the corner of a room. :kiss: From there everything is a blur!:grin:

We've been together for about a month and are making this long distance thing work. We know that our lives are better having the other person in them no matter how much it sucks to be 7 hours away from one another.

2. Alywishous

Nice one! Im about 4 and ahalf hours away from my gf and its kinda hard sometimes. Good luck!

3. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Damn! Why didn't I sign up for Girl Scout camp??!! :lol:

That sounds so incredible & I hope it all works out! :thumbsup: