1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First LGTB Parade + First time in a gay club/bar

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jay, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay

Hey =)

I am in El Salvador, Central America, and this is not that much of a gay friendly place to live. However, each year we have a gay parade every last Saturday of June. We call this month "Diversijunio", a mix of "diversity" and "June" (Junio, in Spanish).

Ok, to the point. I have a friend of mine, she is from Chile, and openly gay/bi. She told me that we should go to the parade and I was like heck, why not. Two hours before I dyed my hair blonde :grin:

When we got there, I was very afraid because I saw that most of the LGBT community was really over the top. they had costumes, wore lingerie (Guys, if you're going drag, shave your legs!), embodied very sexy stuff with little clothing, etc. I felt out of place just being there with my jeans, T-shirt, and boots! And underwear, but mine wasn't showing.

Anyways, I stuck around a bit and tried to drive my fear away by taking pictures since I love photography. After snapping some shots, I ran into some friends from work who are the coolest, that made me so much comfortable. My friend, the Chilena, was in the Gay Pride Bus and having fun with her girlfriend so I didn't think she minded me spending some time with my friends.

Well, we stayed for another half an hour or so and then we left. I got home and slept a bit. I did ask them where they were going to do later that evening and to pick me up so I could go with them.

We got to the bar at around 12:30 pm and if you're visiting El Salvador, make sure you go to Scape disco/bar. It was very, very crowded but it was fun. I decided not to drink because I was sort of nervous of what could or couldn't happen so I had my bottled water with me. Well, my friends and I danced for a while and then a drag show took place and they performed BIONIC + NOT MYSELF TONIHGT + WOOHOO, Christina Aguilera's newest singles. I was so excited and it sure got me attention since I was the *only* one in the disco that knew the lyrics and was singing them like crazy.

Anyways, after a while, I met a guy. (OH MY GOD). I asked him out to dance and he... he accepted. OH MY GOD. LOL. It was fun. We just danced and that's it. But it was fun. I then ran into an old friend of mine and when I saw him I was like... YOU? HERE? WTF! *kiss* XD

It was a good evening. I even got some compliments from strangers which felt great. I did compliment some guys too. It was a good time overall. (!)

2. RaRa

I read most of your post with a smile on my face. Awww. :slight_smile: I'm glad you had fun!

3. stevie

sounds like you had an awesome time, congrats

4. Jay

Jay

Thank you guys ^^
    I did have a great time. I just laugh at myself when I remember I was there. Singing. Just me XD

5. Prccgeek

it sounds like you had an amazingly fun night! your post made me smile :slight_smile: I hope I can go to pride next year...sounds like a blast.