1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some more babysteps ... Thanks EC!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sleeb, Jun 27, 2010.

1. sleeb

Just wanted to share that I have come out to two more people today, completely unplanned. First, one of my friends asked me how the dating thing was going and for the first time I did not play the pronoun game and just said I met this really nice woman. My friend's reaction was really cool as in: it was a non-issue for her. She was a bit surprised and asked me whether I was experimenting. When I said no, she said "I'm cool with it. So tell me about this mystery woman." Some more weight lifted of my shoulders.

A few hours later a new friend just throws in the conversation "o yes, did I mention I am gay?" and apologised for not having said anything sooner. At which point I said, " that's all right, I didn't mention I'm bi either". We had a laugh about it and that was it.

Most importantly however, my sister came to visit last weekend and normally, when I have family visiting I de-gay the house. Put all the DVD's, magazines and books in a big bag and put them in my closet (oh the irony!!). This time I didn't want to and left it all out. My sister didn't see anything and if she did, she didn't say anything. So proud of myself for that tiny babystep!

All that thanks to reading stories on here about people's very different journeys that give me courage to move on myself. I might not post much, but am definitely inspired by what I read.

Thanks guys!!

2. zzzzzz13

Congrats :slight_smile:

the small steps are the hardest

3. Prccgeek

that is great...I love those casual coming-outs...they just feeling good and they are so fun :slight_smile: (the irony of putting all the "gay" stuff back in the closet.) but really, it is sometimes those little things...such as just leaving the normal hints out in the open...that are really difficult to do...good job :slight_smile:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Thats pretty cool. I always hide anything gay related when family comes over too haha maybe someday I will do the same. Some day xD