1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy couple of weeks full of coming outs

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EWU2012, Jun 28, 2010.

1. EWU2012

So the last few weeks have been crazy for me but in a good or should I say great way. In the last couple weeks I have come out to like 10 more people. Some of them my roommate actually told but it feels great. This last week I have been having BBQ’s like every night with people over and one night we had three friends over that did not know. One of the girls was talking about her best friend who was a gay guy then my roommate said she has a gay best friend and everyone asked who it was. I was just sitting on the couch while they played some beer pong and she just looked over at me and I just gave her a face that I didn’t care so she said it was me. Everyone just kind of looked at me and asked if I was gay and I just said yes. The one girl who started the conversation said she never would have guessed because I just don’t have the “stereotypes” Right after it everything pretty much went back to normal and when most of the people left the girl, my roommate and I just kind of talked about it and she was showing me pictures of her friend and asking me if I thought he was hot. Haha That was kind of awkward but I just said I guess. She wanted to hook us up and even had him come over for a BBQ the next day but nothing happened. We didn’t even really talk much and just didn’t really hit it off.

On top of all this I also came out to a friend from high school. She was and is the only person from high school that knows. We were just chatting on facebook IM catching up on life and I just made a comment that I may go to Seattle in a few weeks not really thinking. She then asked me what I was going for and I just kind of froze up not knowing if I should just tell her or lie. (fyi I was planning on going for Seattle’s PRIDE event) I took a few minutes and just decided to tell her the truth and said it was for Seattle’s PRIDE and she didn’t even know what it was and so she asked me. I told her what it was and she then asked why I wanted to go to it. By this point I figured she would figure it out but she didn’t. So I just told her that I wanted to go because I was in fact gay myself. It was funny because she was like oh Why couldn’t I figure that out. Haha So we just talked about it for a little, like who all knew and how people took the news. I told her she was the first one from high school that knew and she said she would not tell others but I told her I would not mind at all because now I feel comfortable and it is not a big issue.

Oh and to top it all off my roommate also finally told my male roommate. I have three roommates (2 girls and 1 guy) and the two girls knew but I could not find the right time to tell the guy. So when my one roommate went back home for a weekend she went ahead and told him. They grew up together and she always said he would be cool with it. Apparently he said he kind of figured it but never said anything. So now a lot more people in my life know and I am starting to feel way more comfortable about it. I think soon I may change my interested in section on facebook to men because right now it is blank but not sure exactly when. So yeah that is what has happened with me the last few weeks.

2. mart83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations! Sounds like everyone has been very supportive!

3. EWU2012

Thanks and yeah everyone has been really supporative. I have had a few people ask me why I am not mad at my roommate for telling everyone and it is because she has the best intentions in doing so. I even told her she can but just to let me know who she tells so I am not thrown into a situation that catches me off guard. Plus having her tell some of our friends makes it a lot less awkward. I then dont have to find the best time to say it.

4. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice. Congrats!

5. george678