1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny responses you got when you came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by paco, Jul 11, 2010.

1. paco

paco Guest

i thought there was a thread for this already but i searched it and came up blank.

anyway, today i remembered something one of my best friends said when i came out to her. she told me, "oh i knew, it was either that (you were gay) or you were in love with me" --bless her, she was one of my only friends that had figured it out :lol:

and my all time favorite was my grandpa's. i posted it a while back but it's probably been long enough to be fresh again.

so, when my dad first told my grandpa that i was gay, he burst out of his chair yelling "WHAT? HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED!" and my dad had to repeat himself again calmly and nervously.

well it turns out my grandpa's hearing aid wasn't on, and he thought my dad said that i was dead. when he heard the second time, he quickly calmed down and suggested adoption if i wasn't going to have children.

so tell me what your favorite responses were when you came out. i know this is covered in probably half the threads in this section, but just in case we don't want to open a million different titles, we can group them in here, and everyone that's thinking about coming out can quickly see something to look forward to.

2. concklin

Before coming to college, i met someone going to the same college on facebook. we became friends pretty quickly, and i asked if he wanted to be my roommate. he said yes. then i thought i should come out to him. i did. and then his response was "well, i'm bi". i totally called it! but i thought i should just come out to him anyway, just in case I was wrong

things got interesting even before the semester started...but then ended badly once it did start. 2 months of no speaking later, he moved out. bastard.

then I told a kid from my high school – and he pretty much said "I kinda figured. but how can you not like vagina?!"

then i told a lab partner/friend of mine about my roommate issue, and then when i got to the part about me and the roommate having a secret relationship, he had no reaction. so i re-iterated that i was gay, and he said "oh dude, i knew when i met you. i'm from New York man!" (he's straight and from NYC, i should have known he'd have good gaydar)

recently i told my RA from freshmen year, when i saw him at a party and i was a little drunk. we got into conversation reminiscing about my freshmen year, and i told him about the roommate thing. and when i told him the nature of the issue between me and my roommate, he basically said he always knew about me. i said "how?!" and he said "i can just tell with people. always" i barely talked to him, or saw him when he was my RA. this is a straight dude from OHIO! wtf?

74andHome likes this.
  3. Apocalypte

My mum's response: "Well, that was the worst kept secret in the history of everything"

A friend: hands €10 to another friend and says "Yup, told ya"

4. Phantasma

:lol: I love it.

5. SolitaryKnight

I was nearly having a panic attack trying to tell my mother, and after I said she looked at me and said
    "Thats it? I thought you were dying for fucks sake, don't make me worry like that."

Mikka, KaiOfBees, Lemony and 10 others like this.
  6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Aww, why does this always happen to me? This is probably a bigger deal to me than it is to you!" - my friend Felisia who had a crush on me. I felt bad but apparently the last like 5 guys she had crushes on all ended up being gay, and that's why she even asked lol.

JackBoi06, redstatic, Tay Tay and 2 others like this.
  7. Zume

When I told my older sister (middle of us 3 siblings) she slapped me upside the head and said "Why did you tell me last?" and then said "Me and V already knew - we talked about it a lot." :dry: (V being the oldest sister in this case) And I was more nervous telling her than my own parents!

Bisurprise and rktonks like this.
  8. Connor22

lol one guy who was told not by me but someone else, so he walks up to em and shouts at the top of his voice (in the middle of school) AN ASS IS A ONE WAY INSTRUMENT then proceeded to turn and walk down the corridor shouting that at the top of his voice.

I don't really like that guy

9. xCrazyInsanity

More than a few of my friends have said "Well, duh." One's comment was "Well, that explains a lot"

10. GhostDog

My best friend: "I KNEW your youngest brother was gonna be the normal one!" Out of my parents' three kids, my youngest brother is the only straight one. =P

Other than that, meh! Everyone has been pretty accepting and polite about it.

EDIT: Oh, and the groomer at the place I work was telling me I should get a tattoo on the side of my head, and this conversation happened.

"You should get a PENIS tattooed on the side of your head!"
    "I don't think I want a penis on the side of my head."
    "Hang on, do you like penis or vagina?"
    "Uh, vagina."
    "... Then you should DEFINITELY get a penis tattooed on the side of your head!"

#10 GhostDog, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    rktonks likes this.
  11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

My friend Robby spazzed out, in a good way. His face was half between surprised and happy. xD

For the rest of the day, every-time he saw me he would go "OH MY GOD!!"

It was funny.

Tell your mom she wins.

KaiOfBees likes this.
  12. The BC

When I came out to a good female friend this is what happened. Had to be there, it was supportive and as on par as it could get.

"I'm gay."

"Are you f*ing with me?!?!?! Let's go shopping!"

"I still don't like shopping..."

:dry: "You are the worst gay friend ever. I knew there was a reason why you didn't hit this."

You'd have to know her I guess - still, funniest response yet.

KaiOfBees and Zor616 like this.
  13. Conversation between me and my cousin

Me - I need to tell you something.

Her - What? What's wrong?

Me - Well nothing

Her - So?

Me - I'm gay

Her - *pause* So girls don't give you a boner

Me - Nope

Her - Well why the hell didn't you say something earlier!!!

Me - Well....idk

Her - So girls really don't turn you on and give you boners?

Me - *rolls eyes* No.

It was hilarious. She totally couldn't cared less and she's been as accepting as can be - But I love the first thing she said.

rktonks and Cossintan like this.
  14. Truly awesome

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Are you going out with *bogan friend*?"

*sporfle*

"Well, are you?"

"No."

"You're smiling. Do you want to go out with him?"

"Um, I'm gay."

"Oh.
    Well, he is kinda feminine."

KaiOfBees likes this.
  16. Windmills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I told my (female) roommate, she just got this huge smile and did this weird little dance... Otherwise her response was pretty normal...

17. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    "You like guys and girls? What, all at once? Jeez, you must be really busy!"
    But, my personal favorite...
    "well, your now every minority"

Mikka and Cossintan like this.
  18. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    about 1 year after I came out a friend of mine was like,"wait you were serious?!?!"

KaiOfBees, KylieKyle and LunaMare like this.
  19. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

"DUH!" (My best friend's reaction xD)

#19 Swamp56, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
  20. zzzzzz13

My best mate had to be one of the funniest

Me - so well ummm i think im bi
    Him - WIN
    Me - what?
    Him - sooooooo since im ur best friend, can i watch and if im not there can you take pictures?
    Me - u douche
    Him - no worries i still love you, i would love you more if you rethought my offer

He is a funny bean :slight_smile: