1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to Mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by subaru000, Jul 11, 2010.

1. subaru000

I was not expecting her to question me at all so I'm still in shock. We were going to one of her clients to see what she needed and we passed up a gentlemen's club and the conversation more or less like this:

Me: "$1 drafts!" (We always joke when we a strip/gentlemen's club because of the "recession" and how many cars are still at the parking lot).

Mom: "That's not the reason you go to a strip club. You go to see the women. Naked bodies are beautiful."

[Awkward silence]

Mom: "So are you into girls or boys?"

Me, trying to think of an answer, "Second one."

Mom: "Did girls do anything to you? (pause)
    "Do you find any girls pretty?"

Me: "No." "Yes, I do." (which is true, some girls no matter what sexuality a person is are downright beautiful).

She took the rest really well, she didn't even stumble with my responses or anything. It was like a normal conversation. Eventually, she made a comment about me and not having kids and I said that I can adopt. Then, she asked if my brother knew and I said no but he's accepting from what I know of. For the rest of the ride, she only asked about what I was thinking about. (Rather obvious but I said nothing). She even made a comment or two about a guy on a motorcylce and drag queens being around the area we were driving through (which wasn't the best... it wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone).

So, I'm out to my mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most important person of all at that. I'm feeling good right now and the entire chat went be in a breeze.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's amazing news! She must have been ready to have the conversation or suspected or something and took the opportunity. From waht you said, she seems totally accepting and ready so that has to be a huge relief. Congrats!

3. subaru000

Thanks, Chip. I'm still kind of in shock about the whole thing so I'll have to think about it more I think?

How does one live a newly out lifestyle?

4. Markio

Just continue to be yourself, and be proud that you can be yourself openly around your mom! Congrats on coming out to her, man! :slight_smile:

5. subaru000

Thanks, Markio. I'm just hoping that she doesn't freak out in a week or so like some parents do. She talked about the adoption part like I had a partner for years so that was very comforting. Telling my brother should be a breeze because he has his moments when he acts less masculine than I do, haha.

6. blankpaper

Wow thats so awesome! What a funny and happy coming out story, congratulations!! Good luck with your brother too : )

7. subaru000

Thanks, blankpaper. I'm not sure how to really approach the convo with him but he says something about "What will your wife think..." so I might just tell him that he'll have a brother in law (I'm sure he'll be cool with it).

Now that I'm out to my mom I feel like she and I have become a bit closer, actually. We still haven't gotten to the chat about what kind of guys I find attractive (have you guys had that conversation? Correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm hoping she'll ask about that? No idea how that process will work.

Everything's a bit sunnier on my end I must say. :icon_bigg

8. Eleanor Rigby

It seems you have a great mum :slight_smile: I'm happy for you everything went well.