1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlyssWonderland, Jul 14, 2010.

1. AlyssWonderland

Yesterday I came out to my close friend Emily after I had wanted to for a while but didn't know how to say it. Her brother is gay and she is extremely accepting of gay people, so I don't know why I found it so hard to tell her... I'm just really bad at the whole coming out thing I guess.

Anyway, we were talking about tattoos and I said that I already had all of mine picked out, and one of them I'm getting is a rainbow. She said that she would, but people would think she's a lesbian if she did. Then she said "at least you have a reason to get the tattoo..." So I asked her if she thought I was a lesbian or something. She said "No, I know you're not, but if you ever wanted to uhm... 'find yourself', I would accept you still..."

Me: Thank you :slight_smile: Same goes for you.
    Her: Thanks. I'm definately straight though.
    Me: Me too. But can I tell you something?
    Her: Sure what?
    Me: My last message was a lie. I'm pretty sure you've already realized but... I'm bi.
    Her: :slight_smile: I still love you. Hell, I would love you if you had a horn coming out of your forehead...

Yay! That makes thirteen people now, and I'm telling a few more soon. In the fall I'm going to come out to drama club at my school I've decided, so then after that anyone can tell anyone they want, I won't care. Fully out... I can't wait. ♥

2. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: I'm happy for you that you came out to your friend and that she is so supportive (*hug*)
    "I would love you if you had a horn coming out of your forehead" :slight_smile: that's absolutly adorable !!!

3. Ralivar

Congratulations, It's great that it went so well.
    I think its hardest to come out to those who are closest to you, so well done.