1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ummm... WTF now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kettlkorn, Jul 21, 2010.

1. kettlkorn

Well, my story is kind of odd. Two days ago I was engaged. Now i'm not. Because I told my former fiancee that I was gay... after knowing it for 8 years. I know some homosexuals get REALLY annoyed/pissed when others hide for so long, but I have a few reasons to.

First off, I live in a small town, and like most small towns it is simple minded and not accepting of different people or ideas. Aside from that my dad is a paranoid, neoconservative, gay-hater. I know he hates gay people because he has made it very well known throughout the years. So I am in a very difficult position at this point. :***:

Anyways, so I told my fiancee who is and was the only person I'm friends with about it and she left...so now I have nobody to talk to. Anybody out there want to be friends with me?

2. Nomad187

I am sincerely sorry to hear that. I will be your friend if you would like

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm here for you too :slight_smile: I'm sorry that you had to keep it hidden for so long..

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I think I speak of all of EC when I say we are all here for you. :slight_smile: Send wall messages. :slight_smile: You will soon get to know people here. :grin:

5. RedState

People have different reasons for staying in the closet, geography and family are the main ones and people should respect that.

I'm in the closet at home (well, a couple of people know but I trust them with my life) for the same reasons you are. I'm in the south...not really known for welcoming gays with open arms...and my dad is ultra-conservative that in no, way, shape or form approves of accepts homosexuality.

I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I live close to a major city that has a large gay population and I go there often (I would lose my mind if I did not). I've met tons of gay friends there that know my situation (in the closet) and they are cool with that. Granted there are some bitches and queens out there that feel like just because they came out at 15 EVERYONE should and they look down on you for that, but that's not indicative of the gay community I have come to meet over the years.

I've been in relationships before (all long distance, obviously...which sucks...and why they never work out) and it is truly an amazing feeling being yourself with someone who is just like you.

It does get lonely though (hell, sometimes I didn't know if I was going to make it)...but just know that there are God knows how many people out there just like you.

6. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    of course :slight_smile:
    I used to worry that gay people who have always been out would think I was an idiot for not coming out but really those people are a small minority... Most people won't, and for sure no one on this site.

7. Eric

People here wouldn't judge just because you're still in the closet. If you stick around, you're sure to find that the people here are accepting of everyone. We can all relate in some way to what you're going through. We've all been scared of coming out, hell I still am. Mostly afraid of my parents finding out via facebook. Anytime you need to talk to people, the members and staff are going to be there for you. =]

8. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very sorry about what happened to you. But do not fret, you will make many new friends and even get married (if you wish) to the man of your dreams. Trust me, it'll happen one day. :wink:

For now, I'll be more than happy to be a friend. :slight_smile:

9. chained butterfly

well rabbit in a horses ass im here all the time honey XD Everyone on EC im sure is your friend.

10. kettlkorn

ummm what? Is this proverbial rabbit to remain in the horse's ass for all time? Wouldn't that cause some digestive problems? How di the rabbit get there in the first place? Did he crawl up there? If he did, how did he climb up the horse's leg? That sure is an awkward position for a rabbit AND a horse...

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC