1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This came out of left field..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kramer362, Jul 26, 2010.

1. kramer362

Ok, this isn't a coming out thread, but this seemed the most appropriate place to post, so here I am. And after reading this through I realize this sounds like a tragic recollection of a distant memory, but rest assured it's still taking place, and all this has occurred in the past 2 months :slight_smile:

I haven't posted in some time, but there's a reason for that. Even though I was the biggest skeptic when it comes to the thought of long-term, monogamy-geared relationships, and the idea of 'love' in general, one of the coolest guys I've ever met came out of left field and completely bowled me over with how well we click. I am in love.

It was a stupid craigslist ad I made that he responded to. I honestly made the ad on a whim before I went into work, so that after work I would have something to do (read the replies). I don't know how or why he came to read my post, because neither of us would appear desperate, but I am so thankful he did, and that he responded. Out of the 15 or so sleezy email replies I got, his stood out because he seemed straightforward and didn't send me a picture of his penis. His email name also referenced a Seinfeld character, and I am a big fan of the show, so I actually felt it was worth replying to him, and we hit it off immediately.

It was an instant connection, and once we had been emailing for only a few days, we started texting, and within another day, I called him. His voice was exactly as he described (with humility): very deep and manly. The conversation ended up being over an hour long, and it felt like I had known this person for years. As I was thinking this, he said it out loud. We almost immediately ignored our original intentions, and I knew there was something more meaningful there after speaking to him for only a few minutes.

Neither of us could wait to meet in person, but when we did sparks flew. I try not to be shallow, and I don't have super high standards, but objectively speaking, he is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen. I was intimidated, but he greeted me warmly. Nerves turned to an almost familiarity. We knew we would have sex before even meeting because the attraction was so intense. In person it multiplied. Afterward we just walked around outside and chatted, kind of in awe of one another. I feel like a fucking cheesy bastard for saying this, but it was seriously like a corny romance movie.

We didn't have long though, and could only hang out for an hour or two. We immediately set up another time to meet, not even a week later. Neither of us could wait, so I picked him up because his car was at the shop. This was extremely soon but on our second time hanging out, I introduced him to 4 of my close friends. I had never felt I would meet someone I'd be comfortable bringing around my friends, but here I was after knowing him for just over a week, and I was more comfortable with being gay than I'd ever been before. Something that weighed on my mind heavily, that I would think about at least once every 15 minutes, for years, all of a sudden seemed insubstantial.

Every time we hung out afterward, I'd feel myself falling for him more and more. I'd wait for some flaw, but none ever came. I'm a realist, so I know that no one is perfect, and I accepted that he was a cigarette smoker. He started saying he wanted to quit, and get in better shape, for me. I told him that he didn't have to change a thing, that when I found someone as amazing as him, smoking was a small price to pay, because I was so lucky to find someone that I clicked with so well. And yet he persisted, saying he wants to better himself for me, to be in as good of shape as I am. (and he is now going on a week without a cigarette, and has been working out regularly)

We were communicating well from the start, saying how we feel about each other. So uncharacteristic of me (because I tend to be a cold, robotic, loner), I've found myself wanting to just lay in bed with him and feel his body against mine. One day it popped out of his mouth during an intimate moment: "I fucking love you", as funny as that sounds. He thought he scared me but the next time we hung out I told him not to worry, that I felt the exact same way, and had been feeling it that same day he said it. The next step was via text, "I think I'm falling in love with you" from which point we continue to swoon over any chance we get.

I realize this sounds like it's all past tense, and almost like something that ends tragically, but it's still going on. We are both on the exact same page, we don't feel the need to refer to each other as our 'boyfriend' or force a rapidly progressing relationship. We have all the time in the world. I don't believe that people have "one true love", but if "Ed" and I split, and I dated 100 more guys before I died, I believe Ed would have been the love of my life, and I can't wait for what's to come.

#1 kramer362, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. Walolas

Congradulations on finding someone so special... Lucky...

3. Étoile

(*hug*) Wow, what a lucky guy you are!

Best wishes and steamy nights for ya. :slight_smile:

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what to add to that except for "awww"

Congrats on finding such a nice guy, and I wish you all the best!

Also, your nickname is "kramer" and you like Seinfeld? I would have never guessed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Jay D

AWWWWWWWWWW I'm so happy for you!!!! Congratulations on finding a guy like him!!!

6. kettleoffish

d'awwwwww is about all i can say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Awwwwww, you're very lucky! :eusa_clap

8. Dr Acula

Jealous much. Congrats on finding someone - sounds like a keeper.

Makes me think perhaps there are nice guys out there after all.

9. concklin

That's pretty amazing. I hope it continues!

10. Spectre

Awwww, cute story! It's amazing how many things seemingly come out of left field.

11. RaRa

I love reading stories like this. Congrats. :slight_smile:

12. george678

Congrats, keep us posted.